If you ever wonder how does it feel to experience camping with the people close to you without fretting about your safety, this exactly will touch your fantasy. Experience a different kind of bliss — one that is unique and distinct from other resorts in Cebu. Experience a staycation like no other at Formosa Camp Resort in Bagasawe, Tuburan, Cebu – a 2-hour drive away from the city.
Camp in style
…or should I say glamping? Glamping, a portmanteau of the phrase “glamorous camping”, is pretty self-explanatory: it is an upgraded method of camping that infuses outdoor overnights stays with amenities that offer a resort-like experience.
Formosa Camp Resort has six (6) tents of 2 types available for rent:
• (4) TENT A
– 2-room Tent, good for 4pax
– P1,000/night (+ P100 /head entrance)
• (2) TENT B:
– 1-room Tent, good for 2pax
– P750/night (+ P100 /head entrance)
Formosa plans to add more tents to accommodate up to 50 pax. As of the moment, they don’t allow bringing of own tents — unless you rent the whole places plus their own tents.
If you’ve already had a taste of the outdoor adventure and are itching for a good rest on comfy bed and sheets, Formosa Camp Resort also takes pride of a “glamorous” and spacious rest house with five (5) beautiful, air-conditioned rooms that can accommodate at least 20 people.
• Room 1 (Matrimonial Suite)
– 1 Queen-sized bed, good for 2pax
• Room 2
– 2 Full-sized beds, good for 4pax
• Room 3
– 1 Full-sized Bed, good for 2pax
• Room 4 with a meeting room
– 2 Twin-sized Beds, good for 2pax
• Room 5 with own sala
– 4 full-sized sofa beds, good for 8pax
You can rent the whole place for EXCLUSIVE & PRIVATE use for only P15,000 per night, good for 20 pax (add P350 per extra person per night). This includes the use of 5 rooms, entrance fee, pool, and kitchen.
The Pool & Other Amenities
Apart from the tropical beach vibes the alfresco gives you, Formosa Camp Resort also has a clean swimming pool for both the kids and kids-at-heart to enjoy! The pool can be used for overnight-staying and day-use guests, open daily from 8AM to 9PM.
Where’s the beach? The resort is technically beach-front. But the beach is generic and may not be ideal for swimming for some. However, you can stroll around the shore line and enjoy the refreshing breeze of sea and nature.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
The best thing about Formosa Camp Resort is, it is open for all. It is not always exclusive, it can also be rented by room or tent.
Here’s the summary of everything you need to know: (Note, these are the resort’s soft opening promo as of September 2017.)
• DAY USE:
– P100/head for adults, P50 for kids
– P300 for the cottage
– 8AM to 4PM only
• OVERNIGHT STAY:
– Room 1 (matrimonial suite, for 2pax) @ 2,500
– Room 2 (up to 4pax) @ 2,500
– Room 3 (2pax) @ 1,500
– Room 4 (2pax) with a meeting room @ 3,000
– Room 5 (up to 8pax) with own sala @ 4,000
– Tent A (up to 4pax) @ 1,000 (+ P100 /head entrance)
– Tent B (up to 2pax) @ 750 (+ P100 /head entrance)
* They have a total of 6 tents available; bringing of own tents is NOT allowed unless you book the whole place/tents.
• EXCLUSIVE USE: P15,000 per night (good for 20pax), P350 per extra person (inclusive of entrance fee).
– Use of Refrigerator for room paying guests
– Use of dining area
– Use of kitchen utensils
– Mineral water
• EXTRA CHARGES:
– BBQ grill @ P50/use
– Rice cooker @ P50/use
– Portable stove @ P100 inclusive of 1 butane cylinder
• OTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact details: Facebook page / 0998-995-5166
- Accept walk-ins? They do accept walk-ins but subject to availability of the date. Please message the resort ahead your preferred dates to avoid inconvenience since some dates are blocked for exclusive booking of the whole place.
- Day Use: 8AM to 4PM
- Pool use: Pool is open until 9PM.
- Overnight use: 2PM check-in; 12NN the next day check-out
- Corkage fee: NONE. Guests may bring food and drinks from outside. No restaurant / cooked food available in the resort for now.
HOW TO GET THERE?
Formosa Camp Resort is located along the highway in Bagasawe, Tuburan, Western Cebu (in between Asturias and Tabuelan). It is 2-2.5 hours away from Cebu City.
There are three (3) routes to get there:
1. RECOMMENDED: Transcentral Highway (via Busay/Balamban)
– If you are renting a private van or using your own vehicle, take this route. You can then navigate using Waze or Google Maps, just search for “Formosa Camp Resort”.
– Take a V-hire from the Ayala terminal going to Tuburan. Fare is P140/head (one-way). Then ride a tricycle from the Tuburan town proper to Formosa Resort for P10/head.
2. Via Toledo
– You can ride a bus from the South Bus Terminal going to Toledo/Tuburan. Fare is around P100/head. Travel time is approximately 3-4 hours from the terminal. This is only ideal if you come from Minglanilla/Naga/Toledo.
3. Via Tabuelan
– There’s also a bus from the North Bus Terminal going to Tuburan via Lugo/Sogod. Fare is around P100/head. Travel time is approximately 3-4 hours from the terminal.