Christmas, apart from being the most wonderful time of the year, is the longest and grandest holiday celebrated in the Philippines. As early as September, or as what we call the ‘ber’ months,the yuletide season unofficially kicks off. Regardless of what TV network or radio station, they start to play Christmas medleys and conduct their own Christmas countdown. But, I know we all agree that the most enticing way to send Christmas feels to the people is through our Christmas decorations and lights hanging around us.
What could be a better way to welcome the Christmas spirit apart from being with the whole family? Allow us to take to you Christmas destinations in the metro which you shouldn’t miss for the yuletide season this year!
1. Anjo World Theme Park
You can never go wrong about spending the holidays with your family or barkada at the happiest place in Cebu — the FIRST-EVER theme park in the Queen City of the South, Anjo World Theme Park in Minglanilla, Cebu.
Opening in December 22, 2018, the Anjo World Theme Park will feature 13 exciting rides including:
- 160-ft Giant Ferris Wheel
- Spinning roller coaster
- Bumper cars and bumper boats
- Grand carousel
- Snow World Cebu
It will also feature different themed zones based on the different continents of the world- Europe, Asia, America, Africa, all in one setting.
SNOW WORLD CEBU
I know you are just as excited as I am to spend winter in the Queen City of the South. Yes, we wouldn’t have to go far to celebrate White Christmas because Snow World is just a jeepney ride away!
Snow World Cebu is located within Anjo World Theme Park. It is the FIRST of its kind in the Southern part of the Philippines that offers the public a touch of real snow, the thrill and excitement of ice slide and stunning ice sculptures carved by the finest carvers in the Philippines.
Rates & Other Information
- ALL ACCESS Pass: ₱450 /head on Weekdays (Mon-Fri) & ₱550 /head on Weekends (Sat-Sun) for both adults and kids
– Unlimited entry on that day
– No time limit
– Add ₱200 to include Snow World
- Snow World Access Only: ₱350 per head
- Operating hours:
– Mondays to Fridays: 12NN to 8PM
– Saturdays & Sundays: 10AM to 9PM
- Anjo World Theme Park is located within Belmont One in Cebu South Road, Upper Calajoan, Minglanilla, Southern Cebu — only 1-1.5 hours away from Cebu City and 15-30 minutes from Starmall near SRP.
HOW TO GET THERE?
– From CIT University or Punta Princesa or Bulacao/Pardo, ride any jeepney (usually 43/44) going to Minglanilla / Naga.
– From SM City Cebu, ride any jeepney (usually 10H) bound for Bulacao or Pardo. From there, ride another jeepney (43/44) going to Minglanilla / Naga.
– Or from Ayala Center Cebu, ride a 12L jeepney going to Punta Princesa.
…then inform the driver to drop you off at Anjo World Theme Park or at Petron Gas Station in Calajoan.
BY BUS: You can also ride any bus or mini bus going south from the South Bus Terminal. Make sure to inform the driver or konduktor ahead that you’re dropping off at Petron Gas Station in Calajoan, Minglanilla.
BY CAR/GRAB/TAXI: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps, and set your destination to “Belmont One” in Minglanilla.
2. Sugbo Mercado
For gastronomic food and refreshments at reasonable prices, Sugbo Mercado is definitely the place for you this holiday seasons. With over 80 food businesses, what could be the reason why you shouldn’t visit this food market?
- Location: IT Park, Lahug, Cebu City |
- Entrance Fee: None
- Operating Hours: 5PM to 1AM, Thursdays to Sundays only
3. Kasadya sa SRP / Boom na Boom Sa Sugbo
If you don’t want to travel too far for Anjo World Theme Park, this is a good alternative for you.
Formerly known as “Kasadya sa SRP”, the annual carnival fair Boom Boom Sa Sugbo features over 30 modern recreational rides and amenities. It will be available from December 2018 until February 17, 2019.
Boom Boom Sa Sugbo also lands in a new location at FILINVEST, South Road Properties along IL Corso Lifestyle Mall, which is adjacent to the previous venue at SRP Sugbo Grounds.
- Entrance fee: ₱20 on weekdays and ₱25 on weekends or holidays, including Christmas Day and New Year.
- Rides: ₱30 to ₱50 per ride
- Schedule: 4PM to 2AM daily (December 8, 2018 to February 17, 2019)
- Exact location: Filinvest at South Road Properties (SRP) along IL Corso Lifestyle Mall (beside Lantaw SRP)
4. Cebu Safari and Adventure Park
The biggest zoo in the Philippines is just a land-travel away from us, Cebuanos. Cebu Safari and Adventure Park is set to be a premier Safari Park in the country. So, if you’re up for a wild getaway with your family, look no further.
With just an hour drive away from the Queen City of the South, atop the beautiful and scenic hills of Carmen is where you can have your family’s one-of-a-kind adventure. Be ready to escape into something new and wonderful this yuletide season at Cebu Safari and Adventure Park.
Check out our day tour adventure here.
- Location: Toril, Brgy. Corte, Carmen, Cebu
- Entrance Fee: P800/head, kids 2-3ft are 50% off,kids below 2ft are free-of-charge
- Operating Hours: 8AM to 5PM
- Contact Details: [email protected]
5. SM Seaside City Cebu
If you want to goon an all-out shopping spree with your loved ones, look no further. Whether you want to do last-minute grocery shopping, dine in, and most importantly, ice skating – this one’s for you.
Regardless of your age, you will surely love to spend a few hours, or even more, having fun in a cold temperature while enjoying your company.
- UNLIMITED SKATING – P420 whole day access
- POLAR BEAR – P100 / hr
- ASS’T COACH – P150 / 30 minutes
- COMPANION PASS – P100
- LOCKER – P50
- BASIC FIGURE SKATING LESSONS – P3,600
Ding: The Great Butanding Show
Available for viewing this until January 2019 only, Ding: The Great Butanding Show is the mall’s treat to its loyal customers. It has no entrance fee, and will surely entertain the young audiences.
- Location: Level 3, Reclamation Area, Cebu South Road Coastal Road
- Entrance: P420 – whole day access
- Operating Hours: 10AM to 10PM, Mondays to Sundays
6. Ayala Center Cebu’s Symphony of Lights
With astonishing display of Christmas lights that synchronize with beautiful instrumental of Christmas carols, The Terraces of Ayala Center Cebu is something every family or group of friends look forward to. Every 6PM to 9PM with 30-minute interval, witness the Symphony of Lights at The Terraces.
- Location: The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City
- Symphony of Lights: 6PM to 9PM
7. Colon Night Market
Let’s try something more budget-friendly, Colon Night Market. If you’re up for last-minute Christmas gift shopping for your loved ones, you don’t have to break the bank.
Colon Night Market offers best deal of clothes, toys, accessories, and a lot of Christmas gift items. Just make sure you are in to show your best haggle talent.
- Location: downtown Colon Street (from corner Jakosalem Street – Mabini Street)
- Operating Hours: starts at 8PM onwards, daily
8. Pasko sa Sugbo (Fuente Osmena Circle)
Of course, who would ever forget the vibrant and festive Pasko sa Sugbo at the center of Cebu?
The whole month of December will be filled with nightly activities and performances from different organizations and sectors of the community from 5PM to 12MN for free. All activities will be held at the Fuente Osmeña Circle.
- Location: Fuente Osmena Circle in Cebu City
- Operating Hours: 5PM to 12MN daily (Free Entrance)
Which Christmas destination areyou going to? Don’t forget to tag us in your photos and use the hashtag #SugboPH so we’ll know.