If you are itching to hit the beach that is just accessible from Metro Cebu while not worrying about the cleanliness and safety of the place, the Mactan Newtown Beach is the perfect choice for you. Formerly Portofino Beach Resort, there’s not much noticeable changes here despite the new management under Megaworld Corporation. But what we loved about Portofino can still be seen here — colorful cottages and clean beach.
RATES AND OTHER INFORMATION
• Big Tent (25 pax) – P3,000
• Small Tent (15pax) – P1,500
• Cabana (15pax) – P1,500
• Parasol – P800
• Tables w/ chairs – P500
• Jetski(1Hr) – P3,500
• Jetboat (15min) – P2,600
• Paddle Board (1Hr) – P600/head
• Wake Boarding (15min) – P3,000
• Banana Boat (15mins) – P3,000
• Parasailing (15min) -P2,000
Corkage Fee on Liquors:
• Imported Liquor: P100 per bottle
• Local Big Bottle: P50 per bottle
• Local Small bottle: P20 per bottle
*No corkage fee on food
- Pets are allowed.
- No overnight stay accommodation.
- Entrance fee: Php150 per head on weekdays (Monday to Friday) | PhP200 per Head on Weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
- Operating hours: 6AM-6PM Daily
- Contact details: (032) 316-2715 / 0922-389-2833 / 0917-704-4893 / Facebook Page
How to get there?
Exact location: Mactan Newtown Beach, Lapu-Lapu City — approx. 45 mins to 1 hour from Cebu City.
Bringing your own vehicle is recommended. There’s an ample parking space available.
The easiest way to commute is to ride a taxi/Grab/Uber. If you’re from Cebu City, the payment will be around 150 to 200 pesos only (good for 4pax). But if you want to ride a jeepney, look for jeepneys that are headed to Punta Engaño from Hi-way Mandaue. Then tell the driver to drop you at Barangay Angasil going to Mactan Newtown Beach. From there, hire a motorycle (habal-habal) to bring you to the resort.
☞ SUGBO.PH IS NOW ON YOUTUBE! Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.