Everyone is greatly affected by the global pandemic. Some more than others. Let’s face it, there are families who couldn’t afford not to work, families that has too many vulnerable aspects like seniors and babies.
Luckily, these vulnerable families who are affected by the enhance community quarantine due to COVID-19 will be provided amelioration grant from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
This “eligible” family will receive P5,000 to P8,000 for two months according to the “Bayanihan to Heal as One Act.” or RA 11469.
So what defines an eligible family?
Families with at least one member who is a/an:
- senior citizen
- person with disability
- pregnant and lactating woman
- solo parent
- member of the poor indigenous community
- informal economy worker (directly hired, subcontracted house helpers, public utility drivers, street vendors)
- anyone who earns wage below the prescribed minimum rate (dishwashers and helpers in carenderia)
- employee in no-work no-pay situation
- a distressed overseas Filipino worker
- entrepreneur with an asset of less than P100,000
- family enterprise owner
- fisher folk
- stranded workers who cannot return to their places of residence at the moment
This list of target beneficiaries was released by Karlo Nograles of Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases.
As the threat of the Coronavirus 2019 or COVID-19 rises every day, the Cebu province has taken a proactive approach and is pulling all stops in protecting the island. Here’s everything you need to know about COVID-19 and its symptoms: https://sugbo.ph/2020/corona-virus-in-cebu/
With this, an Executive Order was issued for the implementation of the drastic but necessary measures to avoid the spread of the virus. For more information, head on to: https://sugbo.ph/2020/cebu-implements-drastic-measures/
If you are sick and think you have symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical attention, call the local Coronavirus Health Information Line for advice: 0922-397-2334 / 0943-568-3298 / (032) 402-3091 / (032) 402-1269.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.