“We can no longer stand idle while there is a clear and present danger.” -Gov. Gwen Garcia
As the threat of the Corona Virus 2019 or COVID-19 rises everyday, and with 98 confirmed cases (as of this writing) here in the Philippines, the Cebu province has taken a proactive approach and is pulling all stops in protecting the island.
Covid-19 was classified by the Department of Health (DOH) as a “Public Health Emergency of International Concern” and is primarily spread from person to person.
With this, an Executive Order was issued for the implementation of the drastic but necessary measures to avoid the spread of the virus.
It will be 30 days of strict control over passengers coming in through its airports and all seaports.
“As we close our seaports to ingress of passengers, we are not prohibiting Cebuanos to go out of Cebu, but if they go out, they will not be able to come back in 30 days,” said Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia.
We have curated here all the information discussed at the Sugbo News Live with Gov. Gwen Garcia.
Current banned flights and ships
- Cagayan de Oro
- Other places with confirmed cases
Banned flights and ships starting March 16 (12:01am)
- Cagayan de Oro
Banned flights and ships starting March 17 (12:01am)
- ALL domestic flights (Arriving in Cebu)
- All sea travel (Arriving in Cebu)
- Cebu province: 10PM to 5AM
- Cebu City: 8PM to 5AM
- Lapu-Lapu City: 10PM to 5AM
- ALL LEVELS
- Coverage: All of Cebu Province (towns & cities)
- Movie houses
- cultural and sports centers
New Operating Hours
- Cebu province: allowed to open until 9PM
- Cebu City: allowed to open until 8PM
- Lapu-Lapu City: allowed to open until 8PM
- Shopping centers
Gatherings are cancelled
- Sports activities
- Other gatherings
- Free movement of cargoes shall continue
- Mandatory quarantine of passengers will now include Spain in addition to those who have passed by Iran and Italy
- Policemen will be deployed in all airports and seaports to monitor arrivals and ensure strict implementation of the rules.
- Religious leaders are encouraged to practice social distancing in all their religious activities
Enhanced Community Quarantine
On March 26, 2020, the Cebu Province, including independent cities – Cebu City, Mandaue City and Lapu-Lapu City, has been placed under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).
What is an Enhanced Community Quarantine?
Under “general community quarantine”, people are generally limited to “accessing basic necessities and work” while uniformed personnel and quarantine officers are present at border points.
The second level is called “enhanced community quarantine” which generally means:
- Strict home quarantine (going out for no valid reason is strictly not allowed)
- Suspended public transportation (may vary per city)
- Food and health services will be regulated
- Arriving international flights are strictly not allowed. Departing flights are still allowed.
- More uniformed personnel (with the help of AFP and PNP) will help implement the ECQ.
NOTE: The specific guidelines of the Cebu province and the individual cities in Cebu (Cebu City, Mandaue City, Lapu-Lapu City) may differ.
Banks, ATM machines, supermarkets, and pharmacies will still be open. Government offices will still continue to operate, as well as other private companies in the food and beverages industry, medicine, banks, telecos, and BPOs but with a minimum number of employees.
- Cebu Province – Effective today as stated by Gov. Gwen Garcia
- Cebu City – 12:00 NN, March 28, 2020 until 12:00NN of April 28, 2020 or unless sooner lifted or withdrawn
- Mandaue City – 12:01 AM, March 29, 2020
- Lapu-Lapu City – 12:01 AM, March 29, 2020
ORATIO IMPERATA for COVID-19
Prayer against COVID-19.
As the threat of the Coronavirus 2019 or COVID-19 rises everyday, and with 98 confirmed cases (as of this writing) here in the Philippines, the Cebu province has taken a proactive approach and is pulling all stops in protecting the island. Here’s everything you need to know about COVID-19 and its symptoms: https://sugbo.ph/2020/corona-virus-in-cebu/
With this, an Executive Order was issued for the implementation of the drastic but necessary measures to avoid the spread of the virus. For more information, head on to: https://sugbo.ph/2020/cebu-implements-drastic-measures/
If you are sick and think you have symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical attention, call the local Coronavirus Health Information Line for advice: 0922-397-2334 / 0943-568-3298 / (032) 402-3091 / (032) 402-1269. OR, go directly to the nearest hospital or medical center or see a doctor and seek medical attention.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.