One of the greatly affected sectors during the crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic is tourism. Hence, the Cebu Provincial Government is leading the revival of Cebu’s tourism sector while the world continues to combat against COVID-19.
On June 5, Governor Gwendolyn Garcia visited Cebu’s “jewel of the north,” Malapascua Island. This visit is in lieu to the revival of Cebu tourism.
“Mao nang nagkuyog gyud mi ni (Department of Tourism) RD Shahlimar Tamano alang sa pagdala og loud signal to all nga maningkamot gyud ta nga buhion nato og balik ang turismo,”– Cebu Governor Gwen Garcia
Tamano, Daanbantayan Mayor Sun Shimura, Provincial Board member Kerrie Keane Shimura, Police Provincial Director Roderick Marianl, Logon Barangay Captain Lemuel Dano jointed Gov. Garcia.
“Ug mao na ang akong giangkon karon nga dako kaayo nga tulumanon, pagtabang, dili lang gani niining Isla sa Malapascua, lakip na ang uban natong mga lungsod nga turismo maoy main source of livelihood,”– Governor Garcia
Other popular tourism sites in Cebu province include Olsob, Badian, Alegria, Bantayan, Camotes Island and Moalboal.
Garcia, together with Tamano and the Department of Tourism (DOT), assured that they will help in reviving the tourism industry amidst this pandemic.
When our tourism sector and business sector are to face the new normal, let us not forget to #SupportLocal by buying local.
Plan your travel in Cebu
- #CEBUcketlist: Top 100 Attractions in Cebu
- Major Cebu Attractions to visit in 2020
- Best White Beaches in Cebu as beautiful as Boracay
- Top 12 Attractions in Uphill Cebu (Mountain Tour)
- Top 6 Flower Gardens in Cebu
- 2020 BUDGET TRAVELING Guide to Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island
- 2019 Cebu Oslob Travel Guide, Itinerary, Tourist Spots, Budget
- 16 BEST Infinity Pools in Cebu with Rates, Directions, Contact Details
- Affordable Car & Van for Rent at Cebu Easy Rent-A-Car | Transport & Tours
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.