For the Cebuanos, and those who are residing in or planning to visit Cebu, 2019 surely is an exciting year! Four of the biggest and most interesting attractions can be enjoyed in the Queen City of the South — making your vacation more fun and worthwhile.
If you haven’t been to Cebu yet, or planning to come back to experience more of what the city has to offer, next year is a good time to push that plan and include these in your bucket list.
#1: Cebu Safari and Adventure Park
Atop the beautiful and scenic hills of Carmen in Northern Cebu, Cebu Safari and Adventure Park provides world-class fun, learning and entertainment to all its guests, featuring more than 100 species — including lions, giraffes, camels, tigers, zebras, among others.
Cebu Safari and Adventure Park, a 100-hectare safari owned by Cebuano pawnshop tycoon Michel J. Lhuillier, is the biggest safari in the Philippines.
Though expensive for some, the 800-peso entrance fee is justifiable considering the apparent huge maintenance of the entire property, food of the animals, and right compensation of the staff. Most especially that ALL animals and plants are all well “taken cared of” in a safari setting — animals are not caged, but are placed into their natural habitats.
- Opening date: Already open since January 2018. But the property is continuously developed, and will be opening more “attractions” in the coming months including the Philippines’ longest zipline, lion trails, etc.
- Ticket Price:
– Adult: ₱800 per head
– Kids 2 to 3ft: 50% off
– Kids below 2ft: FREE
– Senior Citizens & PWDs: 20% off
– White & Orange Tigers
– More than 100 species
– Bird’s Show
– World-class flower garden
- Exact location: Toril, Brgy Corte, Carmen, Cebu — approx. 2 hours away from Cebu City.
- Complete information: https://sugbo.ph/2018/cebu-ocean-park/
#2: Cebu Ocean Park
Touted as the LARGEST Oceanarium in the Philippines with function spaces and a food hall, the Cebu Ocean Park will be done by SM Supermalls, in partnership with Cebu Sealife Park Inc., the same group that brought the Manila Ocean Park to the Philippines 10 years ago. And like the Manila Ocean Park, the Cebu Ocean Park is geared for an all-year round tourist destination.
The 1-hectare Cebu Ocean Park is going to be the FIRST marine park in Visayas and Mindanao, and is set to open this December 2018.
- Opening date: Soft opening in
December 2018April 2019.
- Ticket Price: Entrance fees will range between ₱500 for students to ₱800 per regular person (not yet official)
– Main oceanarium tank will be 4,000 cubic meters, with a water depth of 7.2 meters (bigger than Manila)
– State-of-the-art Function Rooms
– Jungle Trek
– Creepy Critters
– Multi-animal shows including Aquanut, Glass Bottom Ride, Stingray Interaction, Mermaid Swim Encounter, Bird Feeding, Fish Spa, Crocodile Cage
- Exact location: Left of the San Pedro Calungsod Chapel, at the back of SM Seaside City Cebu in South Road Properties (SRP) in Cebu City.
- Complete information: https://sugbo.ph/2018/cebu-ocean-park/
#3: Happy Beach Cebu
From the makers of Inflatable Island, and the team that brought you the iconic “Pink Bali Lounge” and the world famous “Unicorn Island”, comes “The Happy Beach” boutique resort located in Mactan, Cebu. It is set to open this December 15, 2018.
This 16-room boutique resort will be adorned by the “Pink Bali Beach”, the happiest floating playground in Asia. The newest installation called the “Happy Jungle Lounge” is hailed to be the next Instagram paradise, the blue waters of Mactan island, and more pink than you can ever imagine.
- Opening date: December 15, 2018
– Happy Jungle
– Bali Lounge
– Floating Zoo
– Pink Pool
– Happy Boat
- Exact location: Tambuli Beach (East), Pag-utlan, Brgy. Maribago, Lapu Lapu City, Cebu — approx. 1 hour from Cebu City, 15-30 minutes from Mactan Airport.
- Complete information: https://sugbo.ph/2018/happy-beach-cebu/
- BEACH PASS (Day Tour)
– ₱669 per person
– WHOLE DAY access to Mactan Beach, Animal Cabanas, Floating Zoo & Bali Lounge
- INFLATABLE ISLAND PLAY PASSES**
– Requires purchase of BEACH PASS (₱669 per person for whole day use).
– Sprinkle: + ₱299 per head (1 Hour Inflatable Access)
– Splash: + ₱499 per head (2 Hour Inflatable Access)
– Spray: + ₱699 per head (Half Day Inflatable Access)
– Soaked: + ₱1,299 per head (Whole Day Inflatable Access with Lunch Feast)
– Inclusive of entrance fee
– Inclusive of WHOLE DAY access to Mactan beach and all attractions (Animal Cabanas, Floating Zoo & Bali Lounge)
– Exclusions: Locker rental, Hotel pick up and drop off
- HAPPY JUNGLE LOUNGE + PINK POOL
– ₱1,500, good for up to 4 persons
– Requires purchase of BEACH/INFLATABLE PASS
– Whole day use of one daybed in the Happy Jungle Lounge
– Whole day access to the PINK POOL
– 2 free towel rentals
– “Tampipi” Feast (assorted food) good for 2pax
#4: Anjo World Theme Park
Belmont One, Cebu’s first INTEGRATED family entertainment COMPLEX, celebrated its groundbreaking ceremony last September 11, 2018 at Calajoan Cebu South Road, Minglanilla, Cebu.
Anjo World Theme Park is Cebu’s first and only world-class THEME park within Belmont One. The 3.5-hectare theme park will showcase different rides and attractions with park snacks and treats. It will also feature different themed zones based on the different continents of the world- Europe, Asia, America, Africa, all in one setting.
- Opening date: Soft opening in December 2018.
- Ticket Price: Entrance fee will range between ₱500 to ₱800 per head (not yet official)
– Snow World Cebu, an indoor theme park which provides entertainment to the public through experiencing winter in this tropical island of Cebu, Philippines
– 160-ft GIANT Ferris Wheel — the biggest in Visayas & Mindanao
– Spinning roller coaster
– Bumper cars & bumper boats, Grand Carousel, Water activities
– Food Park, the biggest in Cebu
– Retail shops, Supermarket, Hotel
- Exact location: Cebu South Road, Upper Calajoan, Minglanilla, Southern Cebu — only 1-1.5 hours away from Cebu City and 15-30 minutes from Starmall near SRP.
- Complete information: https://sugbo.ph/2018/anjo-world-theme-park-cebu/
Which of these attractions will you be visiting first? :)
When we mention the word, “word class,” it gives me the shivers. Do we really know what it means? You got to think “world class” before you ever become one.