It’s time to give-back to our modern-day superheroes.
Their worries will now be alleviated as the one-of-a-kind hospital built specifically for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) called the OFW Hospital in Pampanga is now operational.
It is a special kind of hospital and a first of its kind as it mainly provides medical care and health services to both OFWs and their dependents.
OFW Hospital started its partial operations as a polyclinic last May 2 and will be fully operational by the end of June 2022 as announced by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). President Rodrigo Duterte led the inauguration and inspection of the hospital last May 1.
Operating as a polyclinic, only ordinary treatment and outpatient services are provided in the hospital for now. Don’t worry if you have many questions, as a “Malasakit Center and Overseas Workers Welfare Administration desk” will also be set up to provide you with further assistance once you are within the premises of the OFW Hospital.
According to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, when the hospital is fully operational by June, medical equipment will be already transferred and set up in the facility like Magnetic resonance Imaging (MRI), Computerized tomography (CT) scan, Dialysis equipment and others that are worth P200 million in total.
Operation of the hospital is made possible by the following:
- Provincial government of Pampanga- Donated land used for the hospital worth P400 million
- Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – owner and manager of the hospital
- Bloomberry Cultural Foundation- cost of construction
- Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) – funding the procurement of medical equipment
- UP-Philippine General – initial operationalization of the hospital’s polyclinic
- provide assistance in training clinical and administrative personnel
- planning and acquisition of hospital equipment
- formulation of clinical and fiscal process flow
Some netizens took to Tiktok to document their experience in the newly built OFW hospital and to be a direct witness of its free services and the reviews are all good so no need to hesitate to avail their services.