There are few things to consider when planning a trip to beautiful beaches. Looking for a comfortable accommodation always comes first before anything else. Of course, Moalboal’s paradise-like shorelines should be complemented with an equally amazing overnight accommodation.
Bigsand Resort and Campgrounds in Basdaku, Moalboal provides all the facilities and space you need to maximize the fun while you’re in Moalboal. It boasts white sand beachfront, clear waters, spacious camp area, and affordable but cozy overnight accommodation to give your Moalboal retreat the convenience like no other.
Their accommodation comes in different options. You can choose from a room-type of accommodation if you’re travelling with few friends or rent an entire house if you’re with a large group. It’s worth the budget since your room or house reservation comes with the standard room amenities. There’s also a terrace/veranda overlooking the entire beach front where you can chill or meditate or have a talk with your loved ones.
If you prefer the outdoor camping experience, you can set-up your camping gears and bask under the spectacles of the bright stars during the night. Setting up tents along the shorelines of Basdaku is the go-to set-up for the majority of those who have travelled to this part of Moalboal especially if you want to have a chill night with your friends sipping glasses of ice-cold beer. Who wouldn’t want that?
In the morning, you have the entire beachfront to frolic and be actively engaged with whatever outdoor activity that you can think of. You can bring your beach volleyball sets, frisbee and all other fun and exciting games so you can pump up the energetic beach vibes just before you take a dive into the depths of the Moalboal waters.
The concept of Big Sand Campgrounds started as a private place big enough to accommodate the owner’s growing family. It’s a place intended for the exchange of ‘small’ and ‘big ‘ talks for the adults and a safe place to play for the young ones. They also needed a place to hold Christmas gatherings, birthdays, and anniversaries.
Now, the place has grown to not just a camping ground but also, one of the famous resorts in Moalboal.
- Guests need to confirm their booking with the personnel of their desired date/s. Once confirmed, personnel will give the customers their ‘booking confirmation’ via messenger pr email. Management is discouraging walk-in guests.
- Before heading to the resort, customers need to go first to the Tourism Office in Moalboal and need to present the booking confirmation issued by the resort. The tourism officer will then issue pass permit.
- The pass permit needs to be presented upon arrival at the resort. This is part of the protocol to ensure that the customers follow required procedures.
You have never truly been to Cebu if you haven’t visited Moalboal yet. This part of the region has always been part of the itinerary for every tourist, both local and foreign. It is known for its white sand beaches and clear blue waters, and the home of the famous sardine run experience.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: P50 per person
- Opening hours: 6AM – 6PM
- Kiosk: P600 good for 10 persons
- Campstore Rooms: P2,300 (good for 2 persons)
- Cottage Rooms
- Standard: P2,300 (good for 2 persons)
- Double: P3,000 (good for 4 persons)
- The Cabin: P4,000 (4 beds, good for 12 persons)
- Tent Space Fee: P300/tent
- Water Usage: P50/person
- Stove with Gasul Rental: (P350/day)
- Extra Foam: P250/night
- Contact number: (032) 417 3604
- Email address: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.bigsandresort.com
- Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/bigsandresort/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Basdaku Saavedra, Moalboal, Southern Cebu — approx. 3-3.5 hours away from the city.
BY BUS: Go to Cebu City South Bus Terminal and ride a bus that will pass by Moalboal. Inform the driver that you will be alighting at Moalboal proper. At the Moalboal proper, take a tricycle or a habal-habal going to Big Sand Resort. It is near Club Serena.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Big Sand Resort and Campgrounds” in Moalboal. Parking space is available.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.