The Cebu Province will transition from the current Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to General Community Quarantine (GCQ) starting on Wednesday, May 20.
Garcia, together with all 51 mayors of Cebu’s towns and cities, held a meeting on May 15 to discuss in detail the draft Executive Order No. 17 entitled “Providing the General Community Quarantine protocols, standards and guidelines to be observed within the Province of Cebu”.
GCQ protocols/guidelines/standards are the following:
- Classes will continue to be suspended and the province will comply with the guidelines issued by the Department of Education in the resumption of classes.
- Quarantine passes earlier issued for each household will still be used, and local chief executives are given the leeway on whether they would issue more.
- Travel within the province will also be allowed, including to and from Bantayan Island and the Camotes group of islands.
- Tricycles will now be allowed to serve town residents (1 passenger allowed per tricycle)
- Mayors are urged to set up their own bus stops as pick-up points for passengers
- Public transport shall operate at a reduced capacity in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Department of Transportation and the LTFRB including social distancing, limited passenger capacity, regular disinfection and sanitation.
- Buses and mini-buses routes shall be allowed in routes identified and approved by the LTFRB while the Capitol will issue a Provincial Public Utility Passes (PPUP).
- Talisay City will provide the terminal area for buses and mini-buses that will ply the southern part of Cebu and Consolacion in the north.
- Sports/ Well-being
- Sports activities except contact sports will also be allowed on specific time while swimming in the sea, beaches, rivers and other open body of waters will also be allowed from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Walking, jogging, or plain sun exposure between 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and other forms of exercise or physical activity that do not involve contact with other persons will also be allowed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Essential businesses and establishments will be allowed to open except for the following: gyms, fitness, sports, and recreation centers; bars and pubs; karaoke establishments; movie houses; swimming pools; cockpits and other leisure establishments.
- (shall strictly observe curfew hours)
- Social distancing measures, temperature checking, use of masks and gloves and other public health regulations will still be in place.
- Hotels, resorts and other hospitality service establishments are allowed to operate subject to restrictions under E.O. No. 5-L on gatherings and social distancing: bookings shall be limited to one person per room while group celebrations, parties, activities, and other gatherings of any form are strictly prohibited.
- Banks and other financial institutions will now operate based on its regular banking hours, while work in government offices may return at full operational capacity at the discretion of the local chief executive or head of the agency or bureau.
- Malls and shopping centers are allowed limited operations and should comply with the Department of Trade and Industry guidelines on the operations of malls in areas declared under general community quarantine. ( LGU concerned or the DTI that will issue guidelines to limit foot traffic)
- Carenderias, fast-food chains and dine-in restaurants will also be allowed, but only 50 percent of their total customer capacity is allowed.
Hand sanitizers and other disinfectants shall also be made available to customers at all times. Any establishment that will be caught violating this order will face revocation of their business permit by the local government unit (LGU).
Cebu Gov. Gwen Garcia will issue the new executive order that comes with the specific and complete guidelines on the GCQ.
- Cebu Capitol pushing for Traditional Remedies to Boost Immune System
- Cebu province to form own ‘Task Force New Normal’
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.