The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board 7 (LTFRB-7) has issued special permits to 190 buses and mini buses allowing them to operate and serve the public transportation needs in Cebu Province.
There will be 93 buses going north, 92 buses going south, and 5 for midwest Cebu now that the province is under general community quarantine (GCQ).
“Duna na ta’y public transport. Hinay-hinay. Gradual. Pero at least karon duna na’y masakyan nga public transport ang atong mga kaigsuonan,”– Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia
Public transportation requirements in Cebu Province:
- Provincial Public Utility Passes (PPUP) issued by the Cebu Provincial Government
- Observe 50% reduction in seating capacity
- Provision of a foot bath upon embarkation aside from
- Other sanitation practices
- Temporary bus terminal: CityMall in Consolacion town
- Routes: Consolacion to Tabuelan, Tuburan, Bogo City, Maya in Daanbantayan, Lambusan in San Remigio via Hagnaya, and on to Bantayan Island.
- Temporary bus terminal: Cebu South Coastal Road on the Lantaw Restaurant property
- Routes: Talisay City to Samboan, Balamban, Pinamungajan, Asturias, Barili, Carcar, Dumanjug, and Sibonga.
- The Capitol also issued PPUPs to 55 taxicabs
- Routes: Consolacion, Compostela, and Danao City.