After the viral hit 85-Peso Cordova White Sandbar last month that reached to at least 1.5 million people on Facebook comes another sure hit island in Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu.
The Crab Island is already quite popular among the locals of Mactan. But not too many people know about this “hidden paradise” yet. Hence, it has NO entrance fee yet as of this writing. Though some residents might charge you ₱10 per head for “touring purposes”, but we recommend to avail this as a help to preserve this attraction.
Check out these awesome photos of the Crab Island in Lapu-Lapu City by Kayeleen Co:
- ₱25 per person – V-hire fare from SM City Cebu Terminal to Gaisano Mactan
- ₱12 per person – Multicab/jeepney fare from Gaisano Cordova to Eskina Ylaya
- ₱7 – Tricycle fare from Eskina Ylaya to the Crab Island
- Entrance Fee: FREE!
- (Though we recommend to pay ₱10 per head to help preserve the island)
- You can bring your own tent. Or tables and chairs. There’s no cottage available in the area.
- No snacks for sale in the area.
- Bringing of food and drinks is okay for now. Also bring your own trash bag. CLEAN AS YOU GO POLICY.
- STRICTLY LEAVE NO TRACE.
How to get there?
Travel time: 1-2 hours from Cebu City + ~10 minutes going to the Crab Island.
BY JEEPNEY: From Cebu City, take a 01k jeepney to Parkmall (₱10 /head). From Parkmall, take a Soong (Crossing Marigondon), ₱15/head. Inform the jeepney driver to drop you to crossing Ylaya. From there, ride a Tricycle to Crab island (₱7 /head) and walk about 6-7 minutes to the island.
BY V-HIRE: From SM City Cebu, ride a v-hire bound for Gaisano Island Mall Mactan. From Gaisano, take a Soong (Crossing Marigondon), ₱15/head. Inform the jeepney driver to drop you to crossing Ylaya. From there, ride a Tricycle to Crab island (₱7 /head) and walk about 6-7 minutes to the island.
ALTERNATIVE: From Pier 3 in Cebu City, ride a ferry boat goig to Lapu-Lapu City for ₱14 per head. Then ride a multicab or jeepney going to Gaisano Mactan for ₱7 per head.
Click here for the link to the Maps for directions.
How about a Google Map showing the actual location? That would be worth even more than the directions how to get there :)
Hey! Pleasee change everything that you have posted!!! Clearly your just making people confuse..
From Cebu City take a 01k to Parkmall 10php
From Parkmall take a Soong (Crossing Marigondon) 15php
inform Jeepney driver drop you to crossing Ylaya..
From Crossing Ylaya Ride a Tricycle to Crab island 7php
and walk about 6-7minutes to the island..
If using V-Hire..
From SM Cebu drop of point is Gaisano Island Mall..
From Island Mall ride a Jeep to Soong Crossing Marigondon 15php
and drop Crossing Ylaya..
Again Take a Trciycle to crab island for 7php
take a walked to the island for 6-7 minutes..
1. soong is far from gaisano mactan. why would u let them ride at soong crossing when in fact the destination is going to cordova? 2. If they will take the ferry why need to go to gaisano mactan? when infact there are already multicab going to cordova that passes in the ferry terminal. Hope u will check your post..