One of the best things about the Queen City of the South is its proximity to many islands, beaches, hotel and resorts, diving locations and heritage sites, high domestic and foreign tourist arrivals. It fuels the city’s tourism industry. And Cebu is well-known for its exquisite white sand beaches located less than an hour away from the city.
Although it’s already popular to the locals (of course) and serves to be their “quick cure” for beach cravings, not everyone — before it trended on social media — knows this public beach that flaunts pristine white beach and crystal clear water. This is the Cordova White Sandbar in Mactan, Cebu.
- P35 per person – V-hire fare from SM City Cebu Terminal to Gaisano Cordova
- P50 – Tricycle fare from Gaisano to the Sandbar (good for 6 persons)
- Entrance Fee: FREE!
– You can bring your own tent. Or tables and chairs. There’s no cottage available in the area.
– There are snacks for sale.
– Bringing of food and drinks is okay for now. Also bring your own trash bag.
– STRICTLY LEAVE NO TRACE.
How to get there?
Travel time: 1-2 hours from Cebu City + ~10 minutes going to the sandbar.
Ride a V-HIRE from van terminal at SM City Cebu going to Gaisano Cordova. From there, ride a tricycle and tell the driver to bring you to the Sandbar at Kimwa near Parola and Roro.
ALTERNATIVE: From Pier 3 in Cebu City, ride a ferry boat goig to Lapu-Lapu City for P14 per head. Then ride a multicab or jeepney going to Gaisano Cordova for P10 per head.