Not in sickness, but in wellness.
The Cebu Doctors’ University (CDU) Hospital launched the first multi-person hyperbaric chamber in Cebu last May 24, 2019. This advanced chamber is used for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) which improves blood circulation and oxygen in the body.
The CebuDoc Group aims to change the way people look at hospitals. Hospital visits should not only be in sickness but for the purpose of an overall wellness.
“I want to change the concept that you go to the hospital because you are sick. So one way of dealing with this is treating the hospital holistically,” -Dr. Potenciano “Yong” Larrazabal III
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
In a hyperbaric oxygen therapy chamber, the air pressure is increased to three times higher than normal, increasing the amount of oxygen that our blood can carry. This helps fight bacteria and stimulate the release of substances called growth factors and stem cells, which promote healing.
A healthy person on the other hand, undergoing the therapy, will have every cell in their body oxygenated. Leaving them feeling great with all those body systems running smoothly.
What will it heal/ treat?
- Decompression sickness (a hazard of scuba diving)
- Serious infections
- Bubbles of air in your blood vessels
- Wounds that won’t heal as a result of diabetes or radiation injury
- Patients and children with autism
- Helps improve memory for adults
Is it safe?
Don’t worry, this is not a new medicine. Hyperbaric has been in existence for centuries.
It is generally a safe procedure with rare complications but everything has a risk. That is why they strongly advise that their procedures and instructions be followed. Listen to the orientation done before undergoing therapy.
- No make-ups
- No perfume
- No hair products
- No nail polish
- No dentures
- No contact lenses
- No artificial hair
- No lotions or creams
- No jewelries
- Can accommodate eight persons.
- Open to all ages
- Regular rate is at ₱8,000 per session
“Feel great, Oxygenate!”
For those who want to try it in groups, these promos are perfect for you.
- P 4500 / 4 pax (1 hr)
- P 4000 /5 pax (1 hr)
- P 3500 /6 pax (1 hr)
- P 2,500 /7 pax (1 hr)
Promo lasts until October 10, 2019.
Contact & other information
- Contact number: (032) 255-5555 local 185 for Center for Hyperbaric Medicine
- Operating hours: 10AM to 5PM daily
- Email address: [email protected]
- Location: Cebu Doctors University Hospital in Capitol, Cebu City.