Known for its wildlife sanctuary, Olango Island is a group of islands found in the Central Visayas region of the Philippines and is a part of Cebu Province. It lies 5 km east (20-minute boat ride) of Mactan Island and is a major tourist destination in Cebu.
Recently trending on social media is this relatively new resort in Olango Island, Lapu-Lapu City — the Talima Beach Villas & Dive Resort. It has been recommended for its affordability, very accommodating staff, good food, and relaxing beach vibes.
Rates & Other Information
Rates as of October 2020:
- Book online: link
- Contact number: 0922-851-3361
- Social: Facebook Page
- Email address: N/A
How to get there?
Exact location: Brgy. Talima, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu — 1-2 hours away from the city.
Olango Island is only about 20 min boat ride from Mactan Island. There are 2 piers to catch boats, one is located in Hilton Port (beside Mövenpick Resort in Punta Engano) and the other is in Portofino resort. Boat fare is only ₱15 /head (one-way).
– From SM City, ride a 01K jeep (across APM Mall or near Sun Gold) going to Parkmall. Or ride 01K jeep from Emall.
– From Parkmall, ride a jeep heading to Punta Engaño and drop off at Angasil port beside Movenpick Resort. Boat fare is ₱20 per person (one-way).
– Once you have arrived at the port, look for the boat going to Olango Island.
– From there, ride a motorcycle and inform the driver to drop you off at Talima Beach Villas and Resort. Motorcycle fare is ₱30 per person (one-way). Or you may opt for a tricycle — fare is ₱150 good for 4-6 persons.