On a tight budget this summer but want to make it worthwhile? Sugbo.ph saves the day again!
San Vicente Marine Fish Sanctuary, which belongs to whole Olango Island group in Mactan, is considered as one of the most extensive reef areas in Central Visayas. Approximately 4,482 hectares, this paradise boasts extensive sandy beach, rocky shoreline, inshore flats, seagrass beds, coral reefs, mangrove forest, mudflats, and salt marsh grass surround Olango and its satellite islets.
Rates & Other Information
- P15 per person – Boat fee from Angasil Port to Olango Island Port (one-way)
- P10 per person – Terminal fee (one-way)
- P20 per person – Tricycle fare from Olango Island Port to San Vicente Marine Sanctuary
- P25 per person – Boardwalk entrance fee
- P75 per head – Snorkeling and swimming (Optional)
- Native cottages: P350 for day use
- Tables with umbrella: P200 for day use
- Overnight camping: P150 per head per night
How to get there?
Exact location: Olango Island across Mactan, Cebu – 1 hour away from the city.
Olango Island is only about 20 min boat ride from Mactan Island. There are 2 piers to catch boats, one is located in Mövenpick Resort (Punta Engano) and the other is in Portofino resort. Fare is around Php 15.
– From SM City, ride a 01K jeep (across APM Mall or near Sun Gold) going to Parkmall. Or ride 01K jeep from Emall.
– From Parkmall, ride a jeep heading to Punta Engaño and drop off at Hilton port beside Movenpick Hotel. Fare is P20 per person.
– Once you arrived at the port, look for the boat going to Olango Island.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.