The Philippines gets recognition during the 2024 Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Tourism Standard Awards held in Vientiane, Laos.
Cities such as Baguio, Ilagan, and Tabuk earned the Clean Tourist City titles for their dedication to sustainable tourism. This year, Baguio received the title for the third time, Ilagan for the second time, and a first for Tabuk.
For establishments and hotels, the ASEAN Tourism Standards Awards also acknowledged the maintenance of high standards in the nation. Prime Properties Pearl Farm Beach Resort, Club Paradise Palawan, Bohol Beach Club, Seda Nuvali, and The Forest Lodge at Camp John Hay received their accolades with the ASEAN Green Hotel Award. Their sustainable tourism approach paved the way for this recognition, as well as their consistency in ensuring human resource development and local community involvement.
Furthermore, The ASEAN Meeting, Incentive, Convention, Exhibition (MICE) Venue Awards also awarded 15 venues in the country for their outstanding performance. From meeting rooms to exhibition halls and event venues, these establishments have shown their commitment to providing world-class facilities for various events. The complete list of awardees is as follows:
- Properties Bai Hotel Cebu
- Clark Marriott Hotel
- Hilton Clark Sun Valley Resort
- Princesa Garden Island Resort & Spa
- Seda Hotel Nuvali
- World Trade Center Metro Manila (Manila Exposition Complex)
- SMX Convention Center Manila
- Cordillera Convention Hall by Baguio Country Club
- Isabela Convention Center (ICON)
- Iloilo Convention Center
- Palacio del Sur by Marcian Group
- Jpark Island Resort & Waterpark Cebu
- Infinity Garden by Baguio Country Club
- CAP-John Hay Trade and Cultural Center
- Princesa Garden Island Resort and Spa by Modern Asia, Inc.
A huge congratulations to all the awardees!