MCIA does it again!
The Mactan-Cebu International airport has been awarded Asia’s Best Airport in Airport and Destination Marketing in the “Under 5M Passengers Category”. The award was given during the Routes Asia 2023 Awards night held in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The Mactan-Cebu International Airport was represented by MCIAA’s Atty. Tani-Angub Gaviola, Naomi Arcayan, Elmar Tagaloguin, and Jemar Nietes. They were also accompanied by GMCAC’s Aines Liboro, Ivan Romano, and Inaki Ponio.
The award was well-deserved because of MCIAA and GMCAC’s efforts toward route development. In order to properly do this, they developed a two-pronged approach such as airline marketing which is to create supply and destination marketing to ensure their airline partners’ sustainability as they cater to the demands for air services.
Here is the Full List of Winners for Routes Asia:
- Overall Winner: Singapore Changi Airport
- Under 5 Million Passengers: Mactan-Cebu International Airport
- 5-10 Million Passengers: Perth Airport
- Over 10 Million Passengers: Singapore Changi Airport
- Destination: Philippine Department of Tourism
- Airline: AirAsia Group
Congratulations Mactan-Cebu International Airport! You have made Sugboanons proud!