Great news for our minimum wage earners!
The Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board (RTWPB) in Central Visayas approved on May 24, 2022 the P31 wage increase of minimum earners on both agricultural and non-agricultural sectors in Central Visayas.
Now, if you’re wondering if there is right representation, the wage board is composed of the Regional Directors of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)-7, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)-7 and the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA). Also included are two employer sector representatives, and two labor sector representatives.
This P31 increase is considered to be the highest in Region 7 since 1989 where there was an increase of P25.
According to the press release by the DOLE, under the new order the following changes on minimum daily wage will apply on two industry classifications Non-Agriculture and Agriculture/Non-Agriculture with less than 10 workers combined.
- Class A cities and municipalities: P435
- Class B cities and municipalities: P397
- Class C municipalities: P387
Agriculture/Non-Agriculture with less than 10 workers combined
- Class A cities and municipalities: P425
- Class B cities and municipalities: P392
- Class C municipalities: P382
With this, region 7 now has an overall minimum wage range of P382 to P435.
Central Visayas / Region 7
- Provinces: Cebu, Bohol, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor
- Urbanized Cities: Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, and Mandaue City
There is also good news to our helpers at home as the RTWPB-Central Visayas also approved an increase of P500 for domestic workers or “Kasambahays” in Central Visayas.
Domestic Workers/ Kasambahays
- Chartered Cities and First-Class Municipalities: P5,500 per month
- Other Municipalities: P4,500 per month
As stated by Undersecretary and DOLE-7 Concurrent Head, Victor A. Del Rosario, this new wage order will be submitted to the National Wage and Productivity Commission (NWPC) for review and shall take effect 15 days after publication in a newspaper of general circulation.