A trip to Cebu wouldn’t be complete without visiting the famous Daanbatanyan Islands.
Tucked in the northern part of the province, its pristine white beaches are always a go-to for travelers who want to bask under the sun for their much-need vitamin sea.
But what if I tell you that you can enjoy one of its islands for less than P500?
Here’s your budget-friendly guide to Malapascua Island:
Malapascua Island is synonymous with Thresher Sharks. With its clean and deep waters, the friendly giants are known to frequent visitors of the area where they also dive and swim with tourists.
The pelagic thresher sharks can be spotted in Malapascua all year-round so you don’t need to worry about not seeing them during your visit.
Apart from ThresherShack Beach, other destinations on the island are Hippocampus Beach, Ocean Vida Beach, Devocean Dive Shop, Japanese Ship Wreck, and the North Beach Langub.
Also must-sees are Bantigue Cove, The Ruins, Dakit Dakit Island, Corals Garden, and Bounty Beach, which is considered the liveliest part of the quaint Island.
Where to stay?
There are plenty of hotels and resorts on the island but if you don’t want to break the bank, Malapascua Budget Inn is a good option.
For as low as P499, you can rent their air-conditioned rooms for 24 hours. They also have complete amenities including a bar and a restaurant where they serve mouth-watering dishes such as seafood bila-o and Mango Daiquiri.
- Bunk Bed (Shared): P399 per person per night with common toilet and bath
- Private Aircon Room for 2: P1,200 per night with own toilet & bath, good for 2 persons
- Private Aircon Room for 4: P1,600 per night with common toilet & bath, good for 4 persons
- Private Aircon Room for 4: P1,800 per night with own toilet & bath, good for 4 persons
- Barkada Aircon Room: P3,500 per night with common toilet & bath, good for 10 persons
- Barkada Aircon Room: P4,900 per night with common toilet & bath, good for 14 persons
- Contact number: 0919-817-3437
- Email address: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/malapascuabudgetinn
How to get there?
Exact location: Malapascua Island, Daanbantayan, Cebu — 4 hours away from Cebu City, and 30 minutes away from Maya Port.
From the North Bus Terminal at SM City Cebu, ride any bus going to New Maya port in Daanbantayan. Fare is approximately P220 per person. From the port, you can ride a ferry going to Malapascua Island for only P200.