Oslob is undeniably one of the most popular places in Cebu. Not only because of the world-famous Whale Shark Watching Site, Oslob is also rich in natural seascape and refreshing scenery, and houses some of the most beautiful beach resorts in southern Cebu.
Also known as Villa Modern Deluxe Resort, the Cancua-Ay Private Beach Resort has recently gained some attention on social media for its laid-back cottages and compelling rock formations sitting in the crystal clear beach water. Plus, it is accessible and crazily affordable — cheap entrance, no cottage fee, no corkage.
Rates & Other Information
- Day (10AM to 5PM): ₱150 per adult / ₱100 per kid
- Night (5PM onwards): ₱300 per adult / ₱200 per kid
- Cottages are FREE for paying guests but on a first come, first serve basis. They prioritize big groups so there is really an advantage if you visit this place in large number or in group. There are also set tables for free use, but subject to availability.
- NO Corkage Fee, but strictly observe “Clean As You Go” policy. It is best to bring your own food since the resort does not cook food for orders. They do have a small sari-sari store for your secondary needs.
- Standard room: ₱2,500 per night, good for 2pax with breakfast
- Deluxe room: ₱4,500 per night, good for 2pax with breakfast
- Master’s Bedroom: ₱6,500 per night, good for 2pax with breakfast
- Camping fee: ₱150 /head (Bring your own tent)
- Tent A: ₱450 /head, good for 4-6 persons (With complete set of beddings including pillows and blankets)
- Tent B: ₱600 /head, good for 2 persons (With complete set of beddings including pillows and blankets)
– Excess for room: ₱750 per pax inclusive of breakfast
– Check-in: 2PM / Check-out: 12NN the next day
- Life Jacket: ₱50
- Snorkel: ₱100
- Floater: ₱200-400 (For sale)
- Contact number: 0917-621-7009 (Vilma Fernandez)
- Email address: [email protected]
- Online booking: link and search for “Villa Modern Deluxe Oslob”
- Social: Facebook Page
How to get there?
Exact location: Brgy. Tan-awan, Cangcuay, Oslob, Southern Cebu — 3-4 hours away from the city.
BY BUS: From the South Bus Terminal (near Emall), ride a Ceres bus going to “Bato-Oslob”. Bus fare is ~₱155 /head (one-way). Drop off at Seafari Resort Oslob (since this resort is known by most bus drivers).
The private resort is located along the highway and beside Seafari. When in doubt, navigate with Waze or Google Maps and search for “Tan-awan Cangcuay Beach- Modern Villa De Luxe, Oslob, Cebu”.
BY CAR: If you’re driving your own vehicle, simply navigate with Waze or Google Maps and search for “Tan-awan Cangcuay Beach- Modern Villa De Luxe, Oslob, Cebu”. Parking space is available.