Ingenuity comes from necessity.
It was proven again as Janine Jorolan Babor posted on Facebook their energy source using just a ceiling fan.
The super typhoon Odette left Cebu and other parts of Visayas and Mindanao with great damages that it has been more than a week with no electricity.
Well, this Cebuana shared a very useful power hack with those who don’t have a generator. You just need 3 things: wind, ceiling fan/electric fan, and an extension wire.
- Place the ceiling fan or electric fan in front of strong winds.
- Plug it in your extension wire.
- Let it have its time with the wind.
- Then plug your charger to your extension wire and you can now charge your phone.
- The extension wire doesn’t need to be plugged anywhere.
Note: Use working ceiling fans and not damaged ones for it to work. Wind turbines use blades to collect the wind’s kinetic energy.
The people of Cebu have always been resilient. We hope that this will work for you and help you get through this crisis.