Camotes Island has been crowned as one of the budget-friendly places to visit in Cebu, while still capturing the beauty and essence of Cebu. Relaxing beaches and thrilling waterfalls greet you when you step on the island. However, is this still true under the new normal? Yes, but with extra steps.
How to go from Cebu City to Camotes Island
Thankfully, Camotes Island has formally reopened for tourism activities so travelling there is less of a hassle. However, it is still necessary to wear your face masks and face shields. Remember to not touch unfamiliar objects and your face. Avoid sharing food or drinks with random people, and regularly wash your hands with alcohol.
Now that is out of the way, there are three options to go to Camotes Island.
OPTION 1: OCEANJET FAST CRAFT
- Travel Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cebu Port: Pier 1, Cebu City
- Camotes Port: Poro, Camotes
- Advantages: Take this option if you want to arrive faster, and you live/stay near Pier 1 or SM City Cebu or you’re from Southern Cebu.
- Contact Numbers: (032) 255 7560 / 255 0115 / 0917 638 0000 (Inquiries only / No online or phone bookings)
OPTION 2: JOMALIA RORO/EXPRESS
- Travel Time: 2 hours
- Cebu Port: Danao City Port
- Camotes Port: Consuelo, Camotes
- Advantages: Take this option if you want to save 50% on transportation, if you’re willing to travel or you’re from/near Danao City.
- Contact Numbers: (032) 346-0421 / 0949 163 0892 / 0995 107 1720 (Inquiries only / No online or phone bookings)
OPTION 3: JOMALIA FAST CRAFT
- Travel Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Cebu Port: MACTAN WHARF of Island Central Mactan Mall
- Camotes Port: Consuelo, Camotes
- Advantages: Take this option if you want to arrive faster, and you live/stay near Mactan.
- 0949-163-0892 / 0995-107-1720 (advance booking is allowed, but should be at least 2 days prior)
Best Destinations in Camotes Island
Santiago Bay Beach
This is also known as the Santiago White Beach, because of the white sand that greets its beachgoers. Its shore line is very wide, making it look like a giant pool during the high tides. Its blue waters will surely wash away the worries that the pandemic has brought in our lives.
A small opening leads you to this cave, which contains cold, fresh water that you can swim in. The water can even go up to 6ft. Even while swimming, be sure to practice social distancing from other people you do not know.
Also known as the “Lover’s Lake”, this guitar-shaped lake has captivated many of the Cebuano people and even the hearts of foreigners. There are several activities that you can enjoy, although expect lesser capacity compared to before the pandemic.
Tulang Diot Island
This islet with a white sandbar has been unknown for years until just recently, which is a mystery as to why it just became popular. The waters are blue and chilling, making it a perfect spot to swim under the heat of the sun.
If you love cliff jumping, then you will love visiting Buho Rock Resort. It has a unique ship-shaped rock formation and the place has a great view of the horizon during sunset. Climbing up to the top to then jump down to the welcoming waters will make you feel rejuvenated.
Other tourist destinations to consider:
- Busay Falls
- Bukilat Cave
- Paraiso Cave
- Holy Crystal Cave
- Mangodlong Rock
- Panganuron Falls
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.