Unsa jud diay ang naas tubig sa Cebu?
This question was trending in social media as it was raised by a netizen following the back-to-back wins of Cebuanas in the pageant world.
Tracy Maureen Perez who represented Cebu City was just crowned as the Miss World Philippines 2021 (MWP 2021) shortly after the crowning of fellow Cebuana Beatrice Luigi Gomez as Miss Universe Philippines 2021.
Tracy is no stranger to the pageant world and is already battle-tested if her pageant history is to be viewed. This was also her 2nd attempt on winning the crown for Miss World where she said that she is 100% confident and have prepared a lot for the competition. She wanted to close this chapter in her life with a bang and oh she definitely did.
This elegant and poised beauty isn’t shaken by any hardship and even a stumble and a fall in the pageant stage as what happened during the MWP2021 coronation night. She stood got back up, stood strong and proud and proved to everyone that she owned that crown. A resilient and hardworking queen that we should definitely get to know more.
A Diverse Queen
I don’t know about the others but this queen is definitely diverse. She is a model and a host and an Industrial engineer by profession. Now, this is not the most diverse part, it’s her hobbies and interests.
Her simple joys come from Fliptop. Fliptop is a Filipino rap battle known for their creative and striking lines.
There is also online games. I’m sure many online gamers would rejoice on this as she is an Esports fan and a gamer. She is even considering to become a streamer someday.
- Miss World Philippines 2021- WINNER
- Miss World Philippines 2019- Top 12
- Miss Universe Philippines 2020- Top 16
- Binibining Cebu 2018- Binibining Cebu Charity
- Miss Cebu 2016- 1st runner up
These queens aren’t just crowned for their beauties but most importantly for what’s inside and who they are. Here are some of Tracy’s notable statements that would let you take a peek into her inner beauty.
Head to Head Challenge
“Coming from a simple family and [to] be born as a miracle baby, I always taught myself to be grateful for every single beginning and every single day that I live my life and I hope that it becomes as an inspiration to others to see the little miracles in their daily lives and to be grateful and thankful to the people around them,”
“I’ve learned to aspire for one thing – and that’s to be happy. That translates to me as success…. By that simple definition of success, I know that I can inspire others. I can teach others not to dream about all these superficial things but to dream and aspire about the most important thing in life. And that is to always strive for happiness.”
Final Question: After we go through this pandemic, what would you want us to learn from it?”
“After this pandemic, I hope that we never take for granted the family that we have, taking care of our health, and taking care of the people that protect us — our leaders, our frontliners. We should always give importance to those people. We may not see the efforts that they give out, but most definitely they are our modern heroes. And for that we should always be grateful, and that we should always stick with them and pray for them. Thank you.”
Miss World Philippines 2021 was held at the Subic Bay Exhibition and Convention Center which lasted for about 6-7 hours
Complete list of winners and crowns:
- Miss World Philippines 2021- Tracy Maureen Perez from Cebu City
- Miss Eco Philippines 2021 – Kathleen Paton from Aklan
- Reina Hispanoamericana Filipinas 2021 – Emmanuelle Vera from Taguig City
- Miss Tourism Philippines 2021 – Trisha Martinez from Pila, Laguna
- Miss Environment Philippines 2021 – Michelle Arceo from Quezon City
- Miss Multinational Philippines 2021 – Shaila Rebortera from Cebu
- Miss Eco Teen Philippines 2021 – Tatyana Austria from Paranaque City
- Miss Supranational 2021- Dindi Pajares
- First Princess – Riana Pangindian from Pasig City
- Second Princess – Ganiel Krishnan from Kawit, Cavite
- Miss Photogenic – Kathleen Paton from Aklan
- Best in Evening Gown – Danica Dilla from Bicol
- Best in Swimsuit – Tracy Maureen Perez from Cebu City
Tracy Maureen Perez will try and win the crown for the 70th Miss World 2021 pageant in Puerto Rico this December. Let us all cheer and pray for an excellent performance in the international platform. Go Tracy!