As the COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the country following the rampant local transmission of the Delta variant, Lapu-Lapu City Mayor Junard “Ahong” Chan released the Executive Order No. 2021 – 040, an order temporarily suspending certain activities and imposing stricter restrictions in the City during Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) starting on July 26 to August 25, 2021.
The new Executive Order highlights the following policies:
- Temporary suspension of all forms of non-contact and contact sports and events, non-essential mass gatherings
- Liquor Ban
- Ban of Videoke and Karaoke activities
- Effective August 25, only Vaccination Card holders upon presenting their cards are allowed to enter public and private markets (including department stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and convenient stores)
- Shuttle service for employees residing outside Lapu-Lapu City
- Dining in food establishments limited to 50% of its maximum capacity, no alcoholic drinks to be served, 24-hour fastfood establishments to only be allowed to offer take-out services after 10 PM
- Strict implementation of Public Health Safety standards (Wear your face shield and face mask at all times)
Read the full Executive Order No. 2021 – 040:
Meanwhile, in Cebu City, Acting Mayor Mike Rama issued the Executive Order No. 136 that prohibits drinking alcoholic beverages in public in Cebu City, effective immediately. Curfew has also been adjusted, starting from 10 PM to 4 AM.