Three Private Motor Vehicle Inspection Centers (PMVIC) have finally opened and are ready to serve the Cebuanos in the cities of Mandaue and Danao.
Rocket Cargo and Pink Gorilla office opened their international standard modern facility in three Cebu branches which can accommodate 200 vehicles per day. The processing time for each vehicle is only 30 minutes more than the normal vehicle registration.
These centers are just 3 of the 8 that is expected to open in Cebu.
So what exactly are PMVICs?
PMVICs are essentially the Department of Transportation’s Motor Vehicle Inspection Centers (MVICs) privatized through an authorization committee within the agency.
These centers will allow the Land Transportation Office (LTO) to closely scrutinize the road worthiness of all vehicles for a safer travel/drive and a big help to the environment as well when it comes to emission controls.
- Both 2- and 4-wheeled private vehicles
- Lights and windows
- Engine brackets
- Fluid leakages (if any)
- Alignment (sideslip test)
- Brakes (roller brake test)
- Lights (headlight test)
- Emissions (within parameters)
Note: Based on Memorandum Circular 2018-2158, rev Memorandum Circular 2019-09
It was clarified though that emission centers will continue their services catering to large vehicles and trucks.
With around a million vehicles running in Central Visayas, a one stop thorough inspection, if implemented well, would greatly benefit us on saved time and of course saved lives by eliminating road-unworthy vehicles.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Rocket Cargo – E.O Perez St., CSSEAZ Reclamation, Mandaue City
- Rocket Cargo – Old National road, Brgy. Suba, Danao City
- Pink Gorilla – Plaridel St., Alang-alang Mandaue City
- 4-wheel vehicles: P1,800 (P 900 for re-tests)
- Motorcycles: P600 (P 300 for re-tests)
- Capacity: 200 vehicles/day
- Contact numbers:
- (032) 346-9966 Mandaue City (Reclamation)
- (032) 346-9978 Mandaue City (Alang-alang)
- (032) 502-2196 Danao
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cebuphpmvic