Parasailing, also known as parascending or parakiting, is a recreational water sport where a person/persons are suspended in the air through a specially-designed parachute called a parasail wing which is towed by a vehicle such as a speedboat.
It is also an activity that is famous among tourists due to its ease and the rush that it provides. Aside from the adrenaline of being suspended in the air, the activity is also perfect for having a bird’s eye-view of the pristine waters of the island.
This fun and exciting activity highlights experiencing the sea from above the waters. It is a simple activity that everybody can do because it doesn’t require any sort of knowledge like surfing or jet skiing does. You only have to sit and relax and let the captain lead the way.
The best thing about it is the refreshing sea breeze that caresses the face as you soar above the turquoise waters. It’s a ride that offers a unique perspective of the nature around you while letting you experience the thrill of flying.
Due to its fame among tourists, parasailing has become one of the most prominent water sport activities and Mactan is home to many resorts and agencies that offer different packages.
With Mactan’s amazing beaches and clear water, there’s no better way to experience it than through the sky. Here are a few that offer this exciting activity:
1. CebuTours PH
- 1 person: P4,600 per head
- 2-10 persons: P2,300 per head
- Boat Captain w/ Assistant
- Entrance Fees
- Government Tax
- 15-minute parasailing
2. Rakso Travel Cebu via Klook
- Parasailing: P2,600 per person
- Must be a minimum of 2 people per ride
- Contact No.: (286) 519-0000
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/raksotravel/
- Websites: https://www.raksotravel.com/
- Klook: https://www.klook.com/en-PH/activity/17469-parasailing-scuba-diving-mactan-cebu/
3. Island Trek Tours
- 150 feet: P2,000 per person, minimum of 2 persons
- 250 feet: P3,200 per person, minimum of 2 persons
- 300 feet: P3,800 per person, minimum of 2 persons
All rides are 15 minutes long.
4. Scotty’s Action Sports Network
- Standard Flight (150 meters): P3,640 per person, lasts 10 minutes
- Deluxe Flight (250 meters): P4,200 per person, lasts 10 minutes
- Magnum Flight (350 meters): P4,760 per person, lasts 10 minutes
- Picnic while Parasailing (150 meters): P5,600 per person, lasts 15 minutes
- 30 Photos: P560 per package
- Additional Photos (30 pcs): P392
- Contact No.: (032) 231-5060
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/divescotty/
- Website: https://www.divescotty.com/watersports/parasailing.php
5. NTJ Watersports Cebu
- As low as P2,000 per person
- 15-minute parasailing experience
- Choose 3 or 4 other water activities depending on the package chosen
- Children under 8 years old, pregnant women, and those with mobility impairments are not allowed to parasail