“Saan aabot ang 20 pesos mo?”
In addition to buying a famous brand of ice cream in a cone, your 20 pesos can also take you to paradise. Palicte Beach Resort in Asturias is the resort for everyone looking for a refreshing weekend treat that doesn’t cost much.
For only P20 entrance fee, a fun and memorable day is guaranteed at Palicte Beach Resort. The place is complete with amenities and activities that you and your loved ones can enjoy while here. The beach front is covered with black sand that makes a perfect venue to indulge in exciting sandy activities like beach volleyball among others.
Their cottages can accommodate large groups. They even have those with a karaoke machine to challenge your vocal prowess. For Filipinos, belting in front of a karaoke is always the life of the party.
The resort’s fresh and peaceful morning vibe awaits those who booked an overnight stay. The clean and well-maintained shorelines will surely tempt everyone for a morning stroll while you wander yourself to the sight of the calm sea and the breeze of the sea-salty air.
Palicte Beach Resort’s overnight accommodation options are worth your budget. They have rooms in native designs that are perfect for couples, or you can also go for the air-conditioned rooms. For the campers, you can rent their tents and spend the night under the moonlight with your friends.
Spend the most of your stay here by renting their kayaks and paddle your way to the vast sea or pamper yourself with a book in their cozy tree house.
There’s no corkage fee so everyone can bring their favorite food. They have grilling/cooking stations where you can grill seafoods or roast pork belly. If you fell short of food, they serve all-day breakfast meals at an affordable price. There’s also a store which sells basic necessities. A restaurant will soon open on a small jetty that sits near the western end of the property.
- The place is very affordable and gets fully booked most of the time so make sure to book in advance.
- There are nearby stores and public markets where you can buy your daily needs.
- The beach has great reefs for snorkeling so be sure to bring your snorkel and goggles.
- The seabed can be rough hence, aqua shoes are advisable.
- The rooms do not have TV and WiFi, but they have strong mobile data signal.
- The resort also sells plants at a very affordable price.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: P20 per person
- Opening hours: 7AM – 9PM
- Regular: P300 (good for 20 persons)
- With Karaoke: P1,000 (good for 20 persons)
- Fan Room: P250
- AC Room (w/o own bathroom): P500
- AC Room (w own bathroom): P600
- Corkage fee: None
- Overnight Tent: P200 (good for 4 persons); P100 (good for 2 persons)
- Kayak Rental: P150/hour
- Contact numbers: 09216837853
- Email address: N/A
- Facebook Page: N/A
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Brgy. Tubigag-Manok, Asturias, Northwestern Cebu — approx. 2 hours away from Cebu City.
BY BUS: Take a V-hire from the Ayala terminal going to Tuburan. Ask the driver to drop you off at the Barangay Hall of Brgy. Owak. Fare is P130 /head (one-way). From there, ride a habal-habal (motorbike) to Palicte Beach Resort.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Palicte Beach Resort” in Asturias. Parking space is available.
how do you get back to the City when you went there by bus? would there be a v-hire that will take you back at Ayala?