It is quite hard to secure a place of your own right now in the Philippines especially in urban cities. Without the appropriate amount of money, you will have a hard time finding the perfect home for you.
Luckily, the Philippine government has its own entity that lets you store your money to increase it as time goes on as well as make loans for your housing needs. This is known as the Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industria at Gobyerno (PAG-IBIG) Fund.
The PAG-IBIG Fund is an important fund to be a member of. In fact, every Filipino is encouraged to join and be a member. It caters housing loans and financing with lower rates than regular banks, and is less likely to become bankrupt as it is supported by the government.
If you are interested in being a member, here is a step-by-step guide on how to become a member and avail a PAG-IBIG Membership ID (MID).
1. Visit the PAG-IBIG Fund’s Website
To start, you need a computer or a phone with access to internet. Next, go to the PAG-IBIG Fund’s website at https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/. You will be greeted by their homepage. Scroll down a little below the ‘Welcome to PAG-IBIG Fund’ title to find a side menu labeled ‘e-Services’ as shown in the picture.
Click on ‘Membership Registration’. This will lead you to the Online Membership Registration page. You will be greeted with a welcome to their system along with some additional instructions if you have problems in viewing the page. Click ‘Continue’.
2. Fill up the Application Form
After clicking ‘Continue’ during the last step, you are required to input your last name, first name, middle name, and date of birth. If you have no middle name, you can check the ‘No Middle Name’ checkbox to skip it. Then, enter the Captcha code in its field. If you have a hard time reading the code, you can click the “Can’t read? Try different words” to generate another one.
If successful, you are taken to a page with several tabs. Input the necessary fields marked with a red asterisk to continue to the next tab. You can go back and forth each tab by either clicking the ‘Back’ and ‘Next’ buttons or by clicking the tab you want to visit. However, you need to input the necessary fields of the current tab first before proceeding to the next one.
The tabs are: Member Info, Other Info, Address, Contacts, Heirs, Member Category, Emp. History, and Summary.
3. Submit your application
When finished inputting all of the necessary fields and reviewing that everything is correct, go to the ‘Summary’ tab and submit your application. Once successful, you will be redirected to the Successful Registration Page. You will be sent a Registration Tracking Number either through your email, phone message, or the website itself, as the application is processed.
Once you have your RTN, you can visit their MID number inquiry page, https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/virtualpagibig/MIDInquiry.aspx, to retrieve your MID.
Rates & Other Information
- There are no necessary fees to register as a member of the PAG-IBIG Fund, but you can deposit your cash in the fund to increase it.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the process, you can visit their website [https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph] to check if your concern can be answered.
- You can also contact them through their ‘Contact Us’ page [https://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/contactus.html].
PAGIBIG Branches in Cebu
- Ayala – Cebu Business Park: Cebu Business Park, Cebu City — right across Ayala Center Cebu under the Ayala overpass near Parklane
- Bogo City: Dolores Bldg. P. Rodriguez St, Bogo City, Cebu
- Carcar City: G/F City Govt of Carcar, Poblacion, Carcar Cebu
- Colon: 5th Flr Gaisano Capital South, Brgy. Kalubihan cor. Colon & Leon Kilat Sts., Cebu City, Cebu
- Consolacion: 2/F, Government Services Express, SM City Consolacion,Consolacion, Cebu
- Danao: 3rd floor, Cebu CFI Community Cooperative Building, Cebu North Nautical Highway, Danao City, Cebu
- Mactan: 2/F Gaisano Mactan Island Mall Annex, Pajo, Lapulapu City, Cebu
- Mandaue City: 3rd Floor, J. Center Mall, AS Fortuna St. Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu
- Talisay City, Cebu: 2nd Flr, Gaisano Capital SRP, cor. SRP Highway & Laray, Talisay City, Cebu
- Toledo City: G/F Prince Warehouse Club Toledo, S. Osmena St., Luray II, Toledo City, Cebu
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.