Beaches always excite us. The sound that the waves make as they kiss the shore is just therapeutic. No wonder why people have always considered the beaches as one of their options when considering a good place to unwind.
Boljoon shelters a place that you might want to include in your itinerary when travelling. Granada Beach Resort is an award-winning luxury beach-side retreat for whale sharks, waterfalls, relaxation and rejuvenation in South Cebu.
The place is perched on a peninsula where it boasts a panoramic view of the Bohol Sea. Its private beach will satiate all your sandy-skins-and-sandy-toes cravings plus an accessible reef for snorkeling where you can witness a showcase of the rich biodiversity underneath the waters of Boljoon.
During your stay here, you are guaranteed for a peaceful escape from the loads of stress. They have several accommodation types to choose from. Each accommodation type is perfected to suit your style and needs. Chic-designs? View across the swimming pool? Rustic furniture? Name it, Granada Beach Resort has it.
This adult-only boutique resort has amenities to complete the experience. Whether you choose to dine, drink, de-stress or dive, they have in store for you.
LA VISTA – BAR & BITES BISTRO
Their in-house bar and bistro serves breakfast and an all-day dining menu. You can choose from light bites, local and international cuisines, or daily blackboard specials. Whatever you choose, you are promised with a delightful mouth-watering dining experience. Each dish is cooked to order and prepared with global culinary flair from local fresh produce and seafood.
Or how about making new friends over a cocktail at the bar, or enjoy a glass of locally brewed craft on draft after a day of South Cebu adventure?
The bistro’s ambience is hyped with warm lighting and soft music plus a thatched roof and a fresh ocean breeze. Allow yourself to be spoiled with the tranquil view across the beach and bay and the luscious choices on their menu.
Need some kneading on the back and joints? Malinaw Spa can ease-away your stress and tiredness to the natural rhythm of the waves. Their spa offers variety of treatments including massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. It’s in an over-water deck that is open to the ocean for a unique and secluded massage. While your therapist relieves any physical tension, the sound of the sea will gently relax your senses for a true feeling of meditation.
SNORKELLING AND SCUBA DIVING
Few steps off the resort’s private beach, you will find yourself in an underwater world of coral reef.
As a Marine Protected Area, the reef is teeming with aquatic life. They provide complimentary snorkeling equipment for you to discover the numerous species of fish and turtles. Just be sure to avoid any actions that will harm the area and the species.
Their resident PADI instructor can help you enjoy the reef in more depth. You can take your first breaths underwater with a Discover Scuba Diving experience, open-up a world of diving by achieving a PADI Open Water Diver certification or choose to refresh your dive skills and knowledge if you’re already a certified diver.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Garden Suite: P3,990 per night
- 1 queen-size bed, good for 2 persons
- A secluded getaway, Garden Suite has all you need. Offering picturesque views across the swimming pool and garden, this private suite features a vaulted ceiling and thatched roof. The custom-made hardwood queen-size bed with pillow-top mattress is complemented by a wrap-around sofa, rustic furnishings and a rainfall shower.
- Deluxe Room: P3,775 per night
- 2 queen-size bed, good for 4 persons
- Their Deluxe Room offers comfort and space, whether you’re a party of 2, 3 or 4. The combination of shabby-chic beach house décor with two custom-made hardwood queen-size beds makes this room the perfect base to escape, explore and experience southern Cebu. Located on the upper terrace with views of the coastline, Deluxe Room also features a corner sofa, a private balcony overlooking the forest, a rainfall shower and modern amenities.
- Luxury Room: P3,625 per night
- 1 queen-size bed, good for 2 persons
- Luxury Rooms are furnished with couples in mind and provide views from the upper terrace of the ocean and southern Cebu coastline. A hand-made four-poster queen-size bed with a pillow-top mattress brings a touch of romance to each room. And the ambience is completed by locally produced furniture, modern amenities, a rainfall shower and a private balcony overlooking the forest.
- Terrace Room: P3,300 per night
- 1 queen-size bed + 1 single bed, good for 3 pesons
- A hardwood queen-size bed and a single bed make the Terrace Rooms extremely flexible for 2 or 3 guests. Easy access to the ground-floor terrace and swimming pool, locally produced furniture, modern amenities, a rainfall shower and a private balcony in the garden all add to the popularity of the Terrace Rooms.
- Superior Room: P2,990
- 3 single beds, good for 3 persons
- The beds are hand-made, contrasting with the white-painted shabby-chic décor and locally produced rustic furniture. Modern amenities, a rainfall shower, and a private balcony overlooking the forest complete the room. And the best part? The views from the upper terrace across the ocean to your next adventure.
Note: These are the room rates as shown on the resort’s website as of 11/27/2020 for a 12/3/2020 to 12/4/2020 (Deluxe, Luxury, Terrace, Superior) and 1/3/2021 to 1/4/2021 (Garden Suites) reservation. Please note that room rates may vary depending on the season. Also, all advertised room rates are based on double occupancy (2 persons). Unless otherwise stated, advertised rates are inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons and all government taxes of the Philippines. Advertised ‘non-refundable’ rates exclude breakfast, which can be purchased at the resort.
- Contact numbers: 0905 502 7282
- Email address: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Website: https://www.granadabeachresort.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/granadabeachresort/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Natalio Bacalso Avenue, Boljoon, Southern Cebu, 6024, Philippines — approx. 3.5 hours away from Cebu City.
BY BUS: Go to the Cebu South Bus Terminal and take a bus for Oslob, Liloan Port or Bato. Tell the driver you want to get off at the South Granada signpost. The place is a short 500m walk from the main road. You can also alight in Boljoon town and ask a tricycle to bring you the Granada Beach Resort. Total travel time is around 3-4 hours.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Granada Beach Resort” in Boljoon. Parking space is available.