Starting August 1, 2021, upon appeal to the National Government’s initial recommendation, the Province of Cebu has been placed under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions from the previous MGCQ status.
The Cebu Province covers all the cities and towns in Cebu outside the tri-cities — Cebu City, Mandaue City, and Lapu-Lapu City. Moreover, the Cebu tri-cities are placed under the stricter MECQ status.
Below are the new GCQ guidelines effective until August 15, 2021:
- Food Establishments (Restaurants, Commissaries, Eateries)
- Indoor dine-in: 20% seating capacity
- Al fresco or outdoor dining: 50% seating capacity
- Personal Care (Salons, Barbershops, Spas) at 30% capacity
- Outdoor Tourist Attractions at 30% capacity
- Hotel staycations (no age limit)
- Interzonal travel (no checkpoint or border control from/to Cebu Province and the Cebu tri-cities)
- Only people aged 18 years old to 65 years old are allowed.
- Religious gatherings and activities at 10% capacity
- Public transportation
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions
- Indoor sports courts and venues, and Indoor tourist attractions
[…] GCQ Guidelines in Cebu Province on August 1-15, 2021（Sugbo.ph 2021/08/2） […]