Cebuano pawnshop tycoon, Michel J. Lhuillier, has made it one of his goals to further expand tourism opportunities in the northern towns of Sogod and Borbon. After the success of Cebu Safari & Adventure Park in Carmen, Señorito M. Lhuillier has now set his sights on making Sogod a tourist destination by attracting tourists to El Mar Resort & Spa.
El Mar Resort & Spa is sprawled across 89 hectares of land in a property owned by Lhuillier. The resort is composed of seven equally stunning coves with every beachfront covered in fine white sands. El Mar Beach Resort sets a striking balance between the sea and nature – two of the most abundant things in the island of Cebu. While the majority of the property is covered in the verdancy of the grass and trees, the beach is dominated by the pristine white sand.
Distanced from the stresses of the metro and isolated in a private property in Sogod, El Mar Resort & Spa offers the therapeutic getaway that Cebuanos and other guests need. Upon entry to the property, the first thing that guests will notice is the sheer amount of trees growing over a wide blanket of green and the freshness of the air as a result of it. From the entrance up to the main resort, the property is thriving with the various spawns of nature which is a truly refreshing sight to see.
At the main resort, guests will be mesmerized by the long stretch of white sand extending from both sides of the resort. The beach fronts are so expansive that despite there being seven coves, only a single beach is occupied by the guests.
Under the shade of coconut trees are lounge chairs facing the sea – the best place to immerse in the cool ocean breeze. Just opposite the beach and sitting atop a subtle incline are the rooms of the resort. Beside them is the open-air restaurant which serves hefty meals that are complimented by the relaxing seaside views.
The rooms and the receiving area are all decorated with a modern-style interior typical of any premium resort with the designs consisting of varnished wood and pastel hues. Guests will experience comfort, relaxation, and solace in their spacious rooms which are fully equipped with all the necessities. When not lazing around in the rooms, guests can satisfy their wanderlust by exploring the resort on bikes or e-scooters.
With 89 hectares of land, guests will have much to discover. Of course, no one should miss the chance to soak in the swimming pool or the turquoise waters just by the beachfront with different water activities such as kayaking and jet skiing to spice things up.
Although El Mar Resort & Spa is not yet open to the public (as of writing), it is sure to become an important tourist landmark in Sogod giving its guests the premium Cebuano experience.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
Day Use is available for Mondays to Thursdays ONLY from 8AM to 6PM.
- ADULTS: P1,500 per head with P400 F&B credits
- KIDS (11 yrs old below): P700 per head without F&B credits
- Deluxe Seaview Rooms:
- Weekdays: ₱4,200 per night, good for 2 persons w/o breakfast
- Weekends: ₱7,300 per night, good for 2 persons w/ breakfast and dinner
- Premier Seaview Rooms:
- Weekdays: ₱6,300 per night, good for 3 persons w/o breakfast
- Weekends: ₱10,950 per night, good for 3 persons w/ breakfast and dinner
- Deluxe Family Rooms:
- Weekdays: ₱7,600 per night, good for 4 persons w/o breakfast
- Weekends: ₱13,460 per night, good for 4 persons w/ breakfast and dinner
- Casitas Seaview Rooms:
- Weekdays: ₱10,000 per night, good for 4 persons w/o breakfast
- Weekends: ₱16,880 per night, good for 4 persons w/ breakfast and dinner
- Presidential Villa:
- Weekdays: ₱20,800 per night, good for 8 persons w/o breakfast
- Weekends: ₱34,900 per night, good for 8 persons w/ breakfast and dinner
Inclusions: Free tour, Kayaking, Bicycles, E-Scooters, and Swimming Pool
- As of now, only invited guests may enter the resort but it will open to the public soon.
- Walk-ins are not allowed and bookings should be made 5 days prior to the actual date
- For booking and other details, send a message to the Cebu Safari & Adventure Facebook Page
- Contact numbers: 0906-067-2161 / 0963-792-9869 / (032) 344-1095 / (032) 266-1608
- Email address: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/elmarresortcebu
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Calumboyan, Sogod, Northern Cebu — approx. 1.5 hours away from the city.
BY BUS: From the North Bus Terminal. Look for the one heading to Sogod, and ask the driver to drop you off at El Mar Resort & Spa in Sogod. The place is relatively new but the resort has a black gate with the M. Lhuillier icon.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “El Mar Resort & Spa” in Sogod. Parking space is available upon arrival.