If we’re talking about food, nothing beaths fresh! When fresh ingredients are used, the food is flavorful, rich, and aromatic. That’s exactly the kind of food Chesanyama café serves!
Chesanyama café is an ecotourism farm café lodged on the hills of Adlaon, Cebu City. They cook up mouthwatering meals made with farm-fresh ingredients that guests can enjoy along with a splendid view of Mt. Manunggal and Mactan Island.
The café serves a scrumptious selection of meals, snacks, drinks, and desserts all for a reasonable price. You should definitely try their crowd-favorites such as tomato-pesto-mozzarella, focaccia cestini, and their special lasagna all prepared upon order and with ingredients from their very own farm.
You can also enjoy local delicacies like biko and budbud. Guests often get an order of sikwate and puto maya combo, which really hits different up on the mountain café!
“Chesanyama” is derived from the Zulu slang Shisa nyama, meaning ‘burnt meat’ or braai, barbecue in South Africa. This expression is also used to describe a popular ‘buy-and-braai’ venue style in South Africa, where people choose their meat and have it grilled to preference. In Japanese, Shisan means ‘local production’ while Yama means ‘mountain’. Both contexts inspire Chesanyama’s concept of farm-to-table dining in a mountain-life experience.
Aside from fresh, flavorful food, Chesanyama also offers an array of adventure activities. They can arrange river swimming, camping and glamping, horseback riding, farm tours, and many others. Their highlighted activity is a guided trek going through the hills of Adlaon, passing by the Adlaon river with the café as both the starting and ending point.
Whether you’re going up for a relaxing day or a day of outdoor activities, Chesanyama is ready to accommodate you. Have we mentioned that the café employs a faithful Cane Corso? The darling of a dog, Athena, welcomes guests and makes sure everyone gets cozy and comfortable in the café.
Chesanyama’s passion is to serve delectable and affordable food while their customers enjoy the spectacular view. You’re sure to have a great time at the mountain farm café!
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Gooey cheese sticks
- Tomato-pesto-mozzarella panini
- Focaccia Cestini
- Tuna Carbonara
- Tropical Iced tea
- Mango panna cotta
- Introductory price of ₱190 per person for the first 6 people in a group.
- Each person in excess of 6 is ₱250 per head.
- For groups smaller than 6, the minimum fee of ₱1,140 applies.
- One guide (per group of 6)
- Light snack and a choice of juice or water (not applicable to introductory price)
- ₱50 consumable for food and drinks in Chesanyama café (not applicable to introductory price)
- Environmental fee
- Free use of restrooms
- Additional guides: ₱500 per guide
- Authentic walking pole rental: ₱80 per pole
- Indigenous bamboo walking stick rental: ₱30 per stick
- Use of showers: ₱30 per person, per use
- Additional food can be pre-ordered upon arrangement
- Chesanyama café is open from 7AM to 7PM, and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The café is pet-friendly.
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/chesanyamacafe/
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact number: 0918-888-7168
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Sitio Bayabas, Barangay Adlaon, Cebu City, Philippines – 1 hour from JY Square Mall.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Chesanyama” in Cebu City. Parking is available.