As the back-to-school season is coming, here is some good news for all the students.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for CHED Scholarship Programs (CSPs) for the school year 2021-2022.
It is common knowledge that a lot of Philippine students are scholars may it be by the government or private sectors. And CHED have been doing this program for quite a long time and have helped students each year to increase their research efforts and achieve higher goals of educational life.
A scholarship that would provide assistance to students who are deserving but are financially incapable to meet the demands of school dues and expenses.
The application for eligible students is from 1st July 2020 to 15st August 2021. Here are the requirements and details according to CHED:
- Filipino citizenship and attain 85% marks to get qualified for it.
- The net income of guardian should not cross P400,000
- Otherwise (1) he/she must provide medical certificate (if any illness); (2) the school certificate of two or more dependents.
- Certifications or identity cards issued by their respective offices – for special applicants (disable persons, solo parents, or with more dependents)
- Verified birth certificate
- Report card of last school education (freshmen are preferred)
- Any single income or financial proof document
- Full scholars- Maintain educational performance percentage of 85%
- Half scholars- Maintain educational performance percentage of 80%
- Carry on regular courses or research loads as provided by Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Complete the degree within the mentioned time frame
- Scholar must have written proof of respective CHEDRO in case of any transfer to the other HEIs
- Private Universities
- Full scholars- P60,000/ year (P40,000 stipend and P20,000 tuition)
- Half scholars- P30,000/ year (P20,000 stipend and P10,000 tuition)
- Government Universities
- Full scholars- P40,000/ year
- Half scholars- P20,000/ year
For the CHED Scholarship 2021 complete guide, your eligibility, other requirements and application procedure, you can visit their official website.
- Contact number: (02) 441 1260
- Website: https://ched.gov.ph/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CHEDscholarship/