There is a definite reason why Cebu is considered the Queen. It is not just for its beauty and its rich natural resources but also for its actual riches, too.
Yes, Cebu Province has topped once again the list of the wealthiest provinces in the Philippines, according to the 2019 Annual Financial Report of the Commission on Audit (COA).
With total assets of P203.9 billion, the Province of Cebu has retained its position as the richest province for the 6th time. And mind that Cebu’s total assets have increased by 471.9% in just a year from its P35.65 billion total assets in 2018.
Top 10 richest provinces in the Philippines
- Cebu Province – P203.9 billion
- Batangas – P20.79 billion
- Rizal – P20.28 billion
- Davao de oro – P20.10 billion
- Bukidnon – P18.29 billion
- Surigao del norte – P16.68 billion
- Negros Occidental – P15.90 billion
- Leyte – P13.54 billion
- Palawan – P13.04 billion
- Iloilo – P13.03 billion
“Well, it’s a nice title but that’s far as it goes unless the people really feel the impact of being the richest province in the country,”-Gov. Garcia, Cebu province
With this recognition, people are looking forward to future projects and improvement in Cebu province in which the governor have also shared her plans.
Cebu Province’s future plans:
1. Road improvement: Concretize all road networks in the province by 80-90% (before 2022)
2. Waterworks system: Provide level three water supply or faucet in every home
3. Delivery of health and social services, food, security programs, and others.
On the other hand, base on the same report, Cebu City is the 5th wealthiest city in the Philippines for 2019, and Mandaue City next to it in 6th place.
Top 10 wealthiest Cities in the Philippines
- Makati City – P233.8 billion
- Quezon City – P96.42 billion
- Manila City – P64.81 billion
- Pasig City – P45.64 billion.
- Cebu City – P34.71 billion
- Mandaue City – P32.16 billion
- Taguig City – P29.07 billion
- Caloocan City – P20.60 billion
- Pasay City – P19.80 billion
- Davao City – P19.78 billion