On Sunday night, the Department of Health Central Visayas (DOH-7) released its official, consolidated data of the COVID-19 cases in the region as of August 1, 2021.
Today, the whole island of Cebu — Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and the Cebu Province — recorded 850 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, 224 new recoveries, and 20 new deaths. This brings Cebu’s total confirmed cases to 68,007, while the active cases increased to 8,182 (from 7,576).
Breakdown of cases:
– Total confirmed: 30,164 (+415 new)
– Total recoveries: 26,289 (+150 new)
– Total deaths: 933 (+11 new)
– Active cases: 2,942
– Total confirmed: 8,680 (+100 new)
– Total recoveries: 7,299 (+42 new)
– Total deaths: 196 (+3 new)
– Active cases: 1,185
– Total confirmed: 8,226 (+74 new)
– Total recoveries: 6,964 (+16 new)
– Total deaths: 244 (+1 new)
– Active cases: 1,018
– Total confirmed: 20,937 (+261 new)
– Total recoveries: 17,023 (+16 new)
– Total deaths: 877 (+5 new)
– Active cases: 3,037
Summary of COVID-19 cases in Cebu:
- Total Active Cases in Cebu: 8,182 (from 7,576)
- Total Confirmed Cases in Cebu: 68,007 (+850 new)
- Total Recoveries in Cebu: 57,575 (+224 new)
- Total Deaths in Cebu: 2,250 (+20 new*)
A total of 3,892 laboratory results were released for today.
NOTES from DOH-7:
- *As per DOH-7, the additional deaths in the report are not due to the overnight spike in deaths but due to more accurate data collection and validating efforts. Not all of those deaths occurred today but occurred more than a week ago.
- Reports maybe subject to change as these claims undergo thorough validation by the local healthcare offices and health personnel.
DOH-7 Full Report (Central Visayas):
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.