On Tuesday night, the Department of Health Central Visayas (DOH-7) released its official, consolidated data of the COVID-19 cases in the region as of July 20, 2021.
Today, the whole island of Cebu — Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and the Cebu Province — recorded 448 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, 248 new recoveries, and 4 new deaths. This brings Cebu’s total confirmed cases to 60,921, while the active cases increased to 3,996 (from 3,801).
Breakdown of cases:
– Total confirmed: 27,602 (+181 new)
– Total recoveries: 25,129 (+81 new)
– Total deaths: 892 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 1,581
– Total confirmed: 7,624 (+46 new)
– Total recoveries: 6,828 (+33 new)
– Total deaths: 177 (+1 new)
– Active cases: 619
– Total confirmed: 7,456 (+43 new)
– Total recoveries: 6,730 (+12 new)
– Total deaths: 237 (+1 new)
– Active cases: 489
– Total confirmed: 18,239 (+178 new)
– Total recoveries: 16,138 (+122 new)
– Total deaths: 794 (+2 new)
– Active cases: 1,307
Summary of COVID-19 cases in Cebu:
- Total Active Cases in Cebu: 3,996 (from 3,801)
- Total Confirmed Cases in Cebu: 60,921 (+448 new)
- Total Recoveries in Cebu: 54,825 (+248 new)
- Total Deaths in Cebu: 2,100 (+4 new*)
A total of 4,107 laboratory results were released for today.
NOTES from DOH-7:
- *As per DOH-7, the additional deaths in the report are not due to the overnight spike in deaths but due to more accurate data collection and validating efforts. Not all of those deaths occurred today but occurred more than a week ago.
- Reports maybe subject to change as these claims undergo thorough validation by the local healthcare offices and health personnel.
DOH-7 Full Report (Central Visayas):
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.