On Monday night, the Department of Health Central Visayas (DOH-7) released its official, consolidated data of the COVID-19 cases in the region as of March 8, 2021.
Today, the whole island of Cebu — Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and the Cebu Province — recorded 310 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, 452 new recoveries, and 1 new death. This brings Cebu’s total confirmed cases to 38,902, while the active cases dropped to 6,580 (from 6,725).
Breakdown of cases:
– Total confirmed: 18,747 (+132 new)
– Total recoveries: 14,725 (+232 new)
– Total deaths: 759 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 3,263
– Total confirmed: 4,592 (+25 new)
– Total recoveries: 3,469 (+17 new)
– Total deaths: 125 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 998
– Total confirmed: 4,613 (+51 new)
– Total recoveries: 3,392 (+45 new)
– Total deaths: 187 (+10new)
– Active cases: 1,034
– Total confirmed: 10,950 (+102 new)
– Total recoveries: 9,181 (+158 new)
– Total deaths: 484 (+1 new)
– Active cases: 1,285
Summary of COVID-19 cases in Cebu:
- Total Active Cases in Cebu: 6,580
- Total Confirmed Cases in Cebu: 38,902 (+310 new)
- Total Recoveries in Cebu: 30,767 (+452 new)
- Total Deaths in Cebu: 1,555 (+1 new*)
A total of 1,762 laboratory results were released for today.
NOTES from DOH-7:
- *As per DOH-7, the additional deaths in the report are not due to the overnight spike in deaths but due to more accurate data collection and validating efforts. Not all of those deaths occurred today but occurred more than a week ago.
- Reports maybe subject to change as these claims undergo thorough validation by the local healthcare offices and health personnel.
It would be nice if we could see a breakdown of how many are critical, mild or moderate. We cannot rely on mainstream media because their reports are laced with sensationalism. What is driving the paranoia is when the public see the numbers what comes to mind are people lying very ill with the grim reaper by the bedside. A breakdown that will give emphasis to the numbers of the critically ill, mild or moderate cases will help the public see the truth that is muddled by so much day to day sensationalism.