On Wednesday night, the Department of Health Central Visayas (DOH-7) released its official, consolidated data of the COVID-19 cases in the region as of January 20, 2021.
Today, the whole island of Cebu — Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, and the Cebu Province — recorded 124 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, 37 new recoveries, and no new deaths. This brings Cebu’s total confirmed cases to 24,631, while the active cases have surged to 1,361 (from 1,273).
Cebu’s recovery rate is now at 88.77%.
Breakdown of cases:
📍 Cebu City
– Total confirmed: 11,575 (+60 new)
– Total recoveries: 10,185 (+21 new)
– Total deaths: 701 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 689
📍 Lapu-Lapu City
– Total confirmed: 2,765 (+7 new)
– Total recoveries: 2,541 (+0 new)
– Total deaths: 112 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 112
📍 Mandaue City
– Total confirmed: 2,845 (+16 new)
– Total recoveries: 2,525 (+0 new)
– Total deaths: 172 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 148
📍 Cebu Province
– Total confirmed: 7,446 (+41 new)
– Total recoveries: 6,614 (+16 new)
– Total deaths: 420 (+0 new)
– Active cases: 412
Summary of COVID-19 cases in Cebu:
- Total Active Cases in Cebu: 1,361
- Total Confirmed Cases in Cebu: 24,631 (+124 new)
- Total Recoveries in Cebu: 21,865 (+37 new)
- Total Deaths in Cebu: 1,405 (+0 new*)
A total of 2,615 laboratory results were released for today.
NOTES from DOH-7:
- *As per DOH-7, the additional deaths in the report are not due to the overnight spike in deaths but due to more accurate data collection and validating efforts. Not all of those deaths occurred today but occurred more than a week ago.
- Reports maybe subject to change as these claims undergo thorough validation by the local healthcare offices and health personnel.
DOH-7 Full Report (Central Visayas):
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.