Cebu is gifted with many white sand beaches that cover the majority of its shores such as those found in Alcoy, Mandaue, Malapascua, Bantayan, and many more but none of these span as long as the one nestled in the town of San Remigio.
For years, San Remigio has held the record of having the longest shoreline in all of Cebu. This long stretch of sand is occupied by various private and public beaches that offer different ways to experience the white sands of the town.
Ready your flip-flops as we walk you through some of San Remigio’s public white sand beaches.
1. Lapyahan sa San Remigio
“Lapyahan” is a Cebuano word that means seashore or shoreline. Lapyahan sa San Remigio is a public beach that serves a dual-purpose of hosting some of the town’s jovial celebrations and at the same time serving as a splashing spot for locals and visitors during hot days. It also welcomes friends and families who want to spend their vacations having a picnic on their sandy shores.
- Entrance fee: FREE
- Cottage fees: P200-P350 per day
There are many resorts and hotels that offer overnight accommodation around Lapyahan. Here are two which are located very close to the shoreline:
- San Remigio Cultural Center and Leisure
- Cottage fee: P200 (free if with overnight room reservations)
- Room rates:
- Room A: P1,200 (2 persons; with aircon)
- Room B: P1,600 (3 persons; with aircon)
- Room C: P600 (2 persons; without aircon)
- Contact number: 0917-632-8107
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sanremigioculturalcenter
- E-mail: [email protected]
- JJS Hotel & Resort
- Room rates:
- Standard: P2,800
- Superior: P3,200
- Family: P4,200
- Deluxe: P4,800
- Suite: P5,600
- Contact number: 0906-972-9893
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JJSHotelandResortSanRemigio
- E-mail:jjsh[email protected]
- Room rates:
- La Mer Beach Resort
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Poblacion, San Remigio, northern Cebu — 3-4 hours away from the city.
BY BUS: Head on to Cebu North Bus Terminal and hop on a bus for San Remigio. Fare is around P150-P200 pesos and travel time is around 2.5-3 hours. Tell the driver that you’re going to get off at the poblacion or town proper. Upon arrival, you can ride a habal-habal to Lapyahan (fare around P10-P20).
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Lapyahan sa San Remigio” in northern Cebu. Parking space is available.
2. Orongan Beach Resort
Orongan Beach Resort has trended on social media a few years ago for its tropical paradise experience that comes at an incredibly affordable entrance fee. Its huts and swings under canopies of coconut trees look so relaxing and inviting that it can surely convince anyone to take a break under their shades.
The beachfront is lined with pieces of small nipa cottages that are worthy of a snapshot especially with a clear view of the sea and sky. For those who want to stay overnight, they have the option of staying in their budget-friendly rooms or setting up camp at the sandy shores at night.
No matter how much guests spend in this resort, they will surely spend it with a relaxed mind, body, and budget.
Day Use Rates
- Entrance fee: ₱150 per adult, ₱100 per child (5 to 12 y/o)
- Cottage: ₱600 per day (up to 10pax)
- Tent Rental: ₱1,000 per night
- Own Tent: ₱100 per tent per night
- Chairs: ₱20 each
- Table with 10 Chairs: ₱350 per day
- Corkage Fee? None.
- Allow walk-ins? Yes.
- Contact numbers: 0910-402-7990 / 0949-772-0083
- Email address: [email protected]
- Social: Facebook Page
How to get there?
Exact location: Anapog, San Remigio, Cebu — 3-4 hours away from Cebu City.
BY BUS: From the North Bus Terminal, ride any bus going to San Remigio. Tell the driver to drop you off at the school in Brgy. Tambongon. Bus fare is ₱155 (one-way). From there, ride a motorbike (habal-habal) going to the Orongan Beach Resort. Fare is ₱25 per person.
BY CAR: If you’re driving your own car, just navigate with Waze or Google Maps and pin your location to “Orongan Beach Resort” or refer to the map below. Parking space is available.
3. Tomasa Beach Resort
Tomasa Beach Resort is one of those beaches that are perfect for Filipino get-togethers such as family vacations or barkada reunions. The beachfront is filled with medium to big cottages that can host a good number of people and packages that come with very affordable rooms to boot.
They come complete with tables and bamboo benches and there are also grilling stations that are ready for some barbecuing. Groups may stay for only a day if they choose to but they would have to provide their own tables and chairs. The beach comes with showers and comfort rooms so kids can swim away and enjoy the beach.
Exact Location: Brgy. Poblacion, San Remigio, Northern Cebu — 3-4 hours away from Cebu City.
- Air conditioned Room
- 24-hr stay: P1,500, good for 5-6 persons
- 12-hr stay: P750, good for 5-6 persons
- 24-hr stay: P1,500, good for 2-3 persons
- 12-hr stay: P750, good for 2-3 persons
- Ordinary Room (w/ Ceiling Fan)
- 24-hr stay: P100/head, up to 6 persons
- 24-hr stay: P100/head, up to 8 persons
- 24-hr stay: P400, up to 6 persons
- Short Stay (3hrs): P300, up to 2 persons
- Family Room w/ Cottage: P1,500.00, up to 6 persons
- Contact number: (032) 435-8201
- Mobile No.: 0922-879-7888/ 0920-910-3904
4. Half Moon Beach Resort
Similar to other beach resorts in San Remigio, Half-moon Beach Resort highlights the long stretch of sand of the town accompanied by clear, blue skies and azure waters. It is also situated at a perfect spot to watch sunsets.
During low tides, the pure and white sand reveals more of its beauty and invites its guests to take a stroll in the morning. Aside from that, this resort has an affordable beach house that is exclusive and can host 3 to 8 people at a time. Their beachfront is also equipped with big and small cottages that can be used for a day or overnight. Whichever the case, Half-moon Beach Resort offers a relaxing experience with its tranquil atmosphere.
Exact Location: Mabini St., San Remigio, Northern Cebu — 3-4 hours away from Cebu City.
ROOM AND COTTAGE RATES
- Couple: P1,200
- Group (3-8 people): P2,000
- Cottages: P350 – P1,200
- Email address: [email protected]
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.