It’s the time of the year again for cool and refreshing outfits, tanned skins, and fully booked beach resorts. Yes, it’s summertime and first on our to-do checklist is of course, go to the beaches.
Bantayan Island, an island in Cebu known for its pristine waters and creamy white sand beaches, houses different resorts that will make your 2021 summer escapade a moment to remember. Anika Island Resort in Santa Fe, Bantayan takes the spotlight for being the premier island accommodation in this part of Cebu.
The resort will give you the taste of what it feels to be in Bantayan Island. It offers its guests with abundant tropical feels in a place clad with a refreshing view of the sea, tall palm trees, and comfortable accommodation.
Last year’s summer may have been a little different since it was when the COVID-19 outbreak started, and everyone was forced to stay inside their houses for safety reasons. But this year, everyone is eager to bring back last year’s lost summer fun. In an effort to drive economic activity and revive tourism vibrance in the region, community quarantine protocols were loosened and more relax restrictions were put to place by the Cebu government.
Their accommodation rooms are a collection of several shipping containers that were converted to rooms and furnished to give you a sound sleep after a day of loitering around Bantayan. Whether you travel solo or with your partner or with the entire gang, there’s always a room for everyone. Just be sure to book in advance. They have choices for those who want a direct access to the sandy beach front cottage, a delightful sunrise view, a relaxing garden, and many more.
You also have a wide stretch of white sand for your pictorials and an inviting sea to satiate your sea swimming cravings. But for those who want to dip themselves first in the pool, their new and revitalizing pool is ready to serve you. Not everyone wants to spend the entire day swimming in the beaches though, let alone get tanned. Some just want the fresh breeze.
Facilities & Amenities:
- Free Wi-Fi Internet Access on Public Areas
- LED TV’s with cable access
- Individually controlled Air-conditioned units
- Mini refrigerators (selected rooms)
- Private veranda
- Spacious closet
- Cotton towels and linens
- Hot and cold shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Swimming Pool
- Safety Deposit Box
- Free onsite Parking
- Laundry Service
- Room Service
The resort doesn’t just brag only about their captivating surrounding but also, their delicious meals from their in-house restaurant, the Chloe Café. You will never run out of choices to satisfy your tastebuds – from meals to refreshers and beverages.
For breakfast, you can choose either an American, Continental or a Filipino breakfast. You can also order a variety of fresh seafood dishes including crabs, fish, lobsters, squids, shrimps, and a lot more.
Here’s their menu:
Bantayan Island has a lot of interesting spots that you can visit. If you know how to drive a scooter, you can rent one so you have the flexibility in visiting these places, not to mention that it’s less costly compared to hiring someone to drive you around. Due to the island’s distance from the mainland Cebu, those who had been here made sure that they were able to make the best out of the trip.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: P500 (adult), P250 (kids aged 5 – 10 y/o)
- Maximum of 6 hours use only
- Inclusive of snacks (ham & cheese with french fries and a glass of juice) and free use of towel, use of Pool and beach, WiFi, shower and C.R.
- Cabana Rental: P1,000 (maximum of 10 persons)
- Ocean View Room: P4,000/night, good for 3 persons (max of 4)
- Sunrise View Room: P3,300/night, good for 3 persons (max of 4)
- Garden View Room: P2,800/night, good for 2 persons (max of 3)
- Sunset Poolside (Twin): P3,000/night, good for 2 persons (max of 3)
- Sunset Poolside Club House: P3,500/night, good for 3 persons
- Poolside Club House Deluxe: P2,500/night good for 1 person only
- Courtyard Room: P2,000/night, good for 2 persons
- Extra Person: P700 per night
- Check in: 2PM / Check out: 12NN the next day
- Online booking
- Contact numbers: (+63) 917 328 4898 / (+63) 999 886 4465 / (+63) 922 843 9517 / (+63 32) 438-9073
- Email address: [email protected]
- Website: https://anikaislandresort.com/
- Facebook Page: https://web.facebook.com/AnikaIslandResort/
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: F. Roska St., Brgy. Okoy, Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island, Northern Cebu — approx. 5 hours away from the city.
BY COMMUTE: Go to Cebu City North Bus Terminal and ride on a bus bound for Hagnaya. Estimated travel time is 3.5-4 hours. Once in Hagnaya Port, you will ride on a barge bound for Santa Fe port (travel time is approximately 1 hr). The Tourism Office in Santa Fe port will collect P30/person for all incoming guests to the Island as per ordinance approved by local and provincial councilors as Environmental or Ecological Fee. The resort will coordinate with you on the day of arrival so they can pick you up at the port by their free shuttle service.
BY CAR: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “Anika Island Resort” in Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island. Parking space is available.