With the continuous rising of the COVID-19 cases in Cebu, the dilemma of visiting offices is also evident.
However, for the workers, you can start applying for your workers’ travel pass through the WeTrace mobile app. This is in lieu to the mandate that all workers residing in the 44 towns and six (6) component cities of Cebu Province must be able to present a work travel pass (WTP) to enter Cebu City and vice-versa, starting August
Workers can download the ‘WeTrace‘ app through Google PlayStore for Android and Apple Store for iOS. Once downloaded, you will then be able to apply online and acquire a QR code.
Your local government unit (LGU) will be goven the WeTrace platform for them to process the online application and issue the travel pass.
Governor Gwendolyn Garcua issued an advisory on August 3, with all the mayors under its jurisdiction, for the WTP to be processed online.
“Naa naman ni. Ato ni gamiton kay mao naman ni ang mas efficient nga pamaagi sa pag-contact trace,” Gov. Garcia said, revisiting the WeTrace app, which was launched in April.
Alegado said the governor required the issuance of WTP to remind workers that since they have been given the chance to return to work, “kani pud nga chance mohatag pud nila og risgo, nga makakuha sila og sakit kay exposed man sila to a lot of people.”
“Mao na ang gihangyo ni Gov nga kining mga trabahante, work-home, work-home ra gyud ang rota,” he added.
The WTP will contain:
- The worker’s name
- Worker’s photo
- LGU of residence
- Point of origin
- Point of destination
- Signature of the mayor, vice-mayor, and town administrator
Alegado said this move will hopefully lessen the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
How to register?
- Workers can download the ‘WeTrace‘ app through Google PlayStore for Android and Apple Store for iOS.
- Registration is free but there are requirements needed to complete the registration (see below).
- Apple (iOS) users can only register through a web browser (Safari or Chrome) at work.wetrace.ph
- Android users can directly register on the WeTrace app.
- Once documents have been submitted, approval by your respective LGUs may take up to 24 hours.
- Once approved, you can then acquire a QR code.
For the complete step-by-step guide, head on to https://sugbo.ph/2020/wetrace-workers-pass/.
- Medical Certificate – You can get this from your Municipal or City Health Officers
- Certificate of Employment
- Company Identification Cards
Executive Order No. 20-C
Read the complete guidelines here:
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.