The tourism sector is one of the key economic drivers in Cebu Province. Since coronavirus disease outbreak started in March, tourism is one of the sectors that have been greatly affected, most especially traveling has been banned in almost all countries worldwide.
Many Cebuanos rely on tourism for livelihood. That’s why Cebu Governor Gwen Garcia deemed it necessary to slowly resume tourism activities while making sure health and safety protocols are in place.
With this, Governor Gwen has officially signed the Executive Order No. 20-A that highlights the resumption of tourism activities in Cebu Province. This also includes the sets of guidelines and protocols to be strictly observed, under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ).
Activities now allowed:
- Island hopping
- Beach activities
- Whaleshark watching and snorkeling
- Zipline adventure
- ATV riding
- Hiking, Trekking and Mountaineering
- Spelunking (Caving)
- Visiting Cultural Sites and Museums
Each activity has a corresponding set of guidelines indicated in the Executive Order.
No walk-ins are allowed in the resumption of tourism-related activities in the Province of Cebu. An online booking portal is currently underway which will use money transfers as payment platform.
The activities are open to residents of the Province of Cebu for the meantime.
- Open-air and well-ventilated dining is encouraged.
- Dine-in is limited to 75% of the establishment’s full carrying capacity.
- Buffet service shall be allowed when food servers are present in the buffet area, all food trays are with food covers
- Curfew within the Province of Cebu: 12 Midnight to 5 AM the following day
- Restaurants shall be allowed to open until 11 PM
Beach activities guidelines under MGCQ:
- Only 50% of the maximum carrying capacity of the beach front area shall be occupied.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the beach.
- Physical distancing must be followed at the premises and during swimming.
- There shall be a regular sterilization of all rented beach gear and equipment using Ultraviolet Germicidal Light. Instructions on the proper handling and use of sterilizing must be strictly observed.
Here’s the complete Executive Order No. 20-A:
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.