On Saturday, Mactan-Cebu International Airport (MCIA) officially announced that the RT-PCR swab test is now available for departing passengers at the MCIA-dedicated COVID-19 RT-PCR Testing Facility.
The Outbound Passenger Testing Facility is located at the Terminal 2 Arrivals level and is open daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. The cut-off time to accept passengers in the facility is until 10:15 AM. The cost of the swab test is P5,000.
Starting September 3, 2020, all departing passengers must register online via the MCIA Outbound Passenger Registration Form (https://mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-registration-departure/) at least two (2) days prior to the planned testing date. Walk-ins will not be entertained.
All departing passengers taking the swab test must follow the health and safety protocols while on airport premises.
Step 1. Register online via the MCIA Outbound Passenger Registration Form (https://mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-registration-departure/) to book your test. Ensure that all information provided are working and accurate. No walk-ins allowed.
Step 2. Proceed to the Outbound Passenger Testing Facility located at Terminal 2 Arrivals Level. Bring the following documents:
- Travel Reference Number (TRN) and barcode sent to your email. Keep a copy of your TRN and barcode until you receive your test results.
- Airline ticket
- Prepayment confirmation, if you prepaid for your swab test
Step 3. Present your TRN, barcode, and airline ticket prior to entry and submit yourself to thermal check.
Step 4. Proceed to the Validation Counter for identity verification and payment.
Step 5. Claim your 2 barcodes from the attending personnel. Keep one barcode until you receive your test result and submit the other barcode during the swab testing procedure.
Step 6. Proceed to the waiting area.
Step 7. Before the swab testing, submit one barcode to the attending swabber.
Step 8. Once swab test is done, you may leave the premises of the testing facility. Test results are available within 36-48 hours. Test results will be sent via the e-mail addresses provided during the online registration.
Location of the Outbound Passenger Testing Facility
Pre-payment is encouraged to facilitate smooth process on the day of the scheduled swab testing. To pre-pay for the swab testing, follow the steps:
1. After completing your online registration and once you receive your TRN and barcode, pay at least 48 hours before your confirmed testing date. The following are the available payment methods:
Bank Transfer or Direct Deposits (Indicate the passenger’s full name and confirmed testing date in the details/notes section)
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB) – SM City Cebu Branch
- Account Name: PRIME CARE CEBU
- Account Number: 00-318-1044-220
- Swift Code: UCPBPHMM
Money Remittance Centers
- Palawan, Cebuana Lhuillier, M Lhuillier, LBC, Western Union, etc.
- Payee: Janna Ragas
Passengers can also visit Prime Care Medical Clinic located at APM Mall, across SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City
2. Once payment is done, fill out the Prime Care Prepayment Form via bit.ly/PrimeCarePrepayment. Present the prepayment confirmation at the MCIA testing facility before your testing procedure.
Cash and credit card are also accepted to process payment on the day of the scheduled test. All departing passengers are reminded to monitor the status of their flights and comply with the documentary requirements and regulations mandated by the government of their point of origin and their destination.