If you are one of the many stranded individuals who have been wishing to go home, you only need to secure a medical certificate and travel authority.
According to the Department of the Interior and Local Government last Saturday, only these two documents would be presented for you to be able to go home.
“Dalawa lang po yung kailangan ninyong ihandang dokumento. Yung medical certificate at yung travel authority,” DILG Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya said.
HOW TO SECURE A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE:
- Your medical certificate should be requested from your health office of the local government unit where you are stranded.
- This medical certificate should be requested first before you can apply for travel authority at the relevant police offices.
Police stations were also tasked to set up help desks to extend possible assistance.
You are no longer required to take a rapid test or a PCR test to go home, said Malaya.
“Itong medical certificate ay nagsasaad lamang na hindi kayo contact, suspect or probable or confirmed COVID-19 case at nakasaad din na kayo ay nag 14-day quarantine, base sa protocols ng DOH,” said Malaya.
Locally stranded individuals with medical certificates from the local government units can apply for a travel authority at the PNP Help Desks.
CLASSIFICATIONS OF LOCALLY STRANDED INDIVIDUALS:
- Individuals who wish to return home to ANOTHER BARANGAY WITHIN THE SAME MUNICIPALITY OR CITY must secure the travel authority from the municipal or city police chief.
- Those whose place of residence is IN ANOTHER TOWN / CITY FROM ANOTHER PROVINCE have to get their travel authority from the Police Provincial Director’s office.
- Those who need to travel to ANOTHER PROVINCE / REGION must secure their travel authority from the Police Regional Director.
For questions regarding travel authority, the public may call the PNP Command Center through 0998-849-0013 (SMART) and 0917-538-2495 (GLOBE).
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.