The Municipality of Liloan, Cebu launched on Wednesday the “all-in-one” smart city app.
The new “LiveLoveLiloan” mobile app, which can be downloaded on Google Play for Android and soon on the App Store for Apple users, will incorporate the following features:
- COVID-19 Tracing – enables your contact tracing functionality to protect your health and safety while also ensuring to safeguard your data and privacy.
- iReport – If you want to report something to the local government unit (LGU), you can conveniently message them through the app.
- GugMed – Online medical consultation from the safety of your home.
- Liloan Electronic Transport System (LET’S Go) – Real-time monitoring of public transport for your riding convenience.
- Unique QR for Residents – Every resident will now have his/her own QR Code for a more effective contact tracing and more efficient monitoring and response by the government.
For COVID- related functions, the location data of a user is tagged when one is exposed to a positive case, or is a potential carrier. This will assist the Liloan Covid-19 Operations Center to zero in on hotspots, immediately detect infection chains, isolate, and ensure prevention and containment.
The app also has a transport monitoring guide of Liloan’s Electronic Transport System that will give residents real-time information on the availability and location of public utility buses (PUB) and vehicles (PUV).
Through Global Positioning Devices (GPS) installed in PUBs and PUVs, the commuting public will be guided on what public transport to ride to reach a destination, connecting routes, exact time of arrival and departure, and designated dropoff points. This is made possible through Ride Hero, Inc., which is the Local Government’s partner in the development of the mobile app.
Forthcoming features of the app will include:
- online payment options for non-contact transactions with the Municipal Government,
- an online marketplace for local vendors, and
- online employment portal for job seekers.
The LiveLoveLiloan app is seen to boost further the Local Government’s efforts to manage the Covid-19 pandemic which had recently earned praise from DENR Secretary Roy Cimatu at the meeting he called with all local chief executives of the Province of Cebu in early August.
Liloan Mayor Christina Frasco was invited by the DILG to present Liloan’s innovations and best practices in fighting the pandemic. At the meeting held at the Citadines Hotel in Cebu City, Secretary Cimatu remarked that he was “very impressed” with the Liloan Local Government’s smart technology-based approach to fighting the spread of Covid-19, which also includes aerial drone monitoring of its barangays.
“The LiveLoveLiloan App allows us to provide people the level of convenience and connectivity crucial to navigating the new normal. In Liloan we are driven by the desire to continually increase the quality of life of our people. Towards that end, we are introducing innovations in governance that are inclusive, proactive, and empathetic to the people’s needs,”– Liloan Mayor Christina Frasco
For Android users, the ‘LiveLoveLiloan’ app can now be downloaded on Google Play. For Apple, the app will be available for download next week.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.