Finally, the Cebuanos’ clamor has been heard after eight long months.
Since the outbreak began in March, public transportation – including jeepneys – has been halted. And even though strict restrictions were lifted in August as the entire island of Cebu has been placed under MGCQ, while others already started to return to work, public utility jeepneys (PUVs) were still not allowed to operate.
On November 3, 2020, Cebu City Mayor Edgar Labella announced the good news that 1,355 jeepneys are now allowed to operate in 18 designated routes throughout Cebu City.
Mayor Edgar Labella issued Executive Order No. 102 establishing the Balik Pasada Program in line with the recommendations of the Cebu City Jeepney Task Force.
“My directive sets forth the guidelines and requirements for the operations of traditional public utility jeepneys while we are under pandemic restrictions.”– Cebu City Mayor Edgar Labella
The E.O. 102 also outlines the various requirements for the jeepney operators and drivers.
Routes allowed to operate:
- 04C – Lahug – Gen. Maxilom – Ramos – Carbon
- 04D – Lahug (Plaza Housing) – Magallanes – Carbon
- 04L – Lahug (JY Square) – SM via Ayala
- 06B – Guadalupe – Capitol – Carbon
- 06C – Guadalupe – B. Rodriguez – Carbon
- 06G – Guadalupe – Taboan
- 08F – Mambaling – Colon – SM via C. Padilla
- 08G – Alumnos – Colon via C. Padilla – Tupas
- 09C – Basak – P. Del Rosario – Sikatuna – Magallanes
- 09G – Basak – Magallanes via C. Padilla – Tupas
- 10C – Pardo – Imus – Colon – Panganiban
- 10F – Pardo (Bulacao) – Colon via Tupas
- 11A – Inayawan – Taboan – Colon – Carlock
- 12D – Labangon – Sikatuna – Colon
- 12G – Labangon – SM via Taboan – Colon
- 12L – Labanon – Ayala via Escario – Banawa
- 13C – Talamban – Colon via Echavez – Sikatuna
- 62C – Pit-os – Talamban – Carbon via Sikatuna
The City Government also reminded the riding public to always observe social distancing and to wear face masks and face shields at all times.
Read the full Executive Order No. 102 here:
November 21, 2020: The City Task Force has already inspected 28 out of 61 jeepney units in the first day of the jeepney rollout as it returns operations in Cebu City. Of the 28, 19 jeepneys will begin plying. The following are the expected jeepney routes to start plying:
- 06B – 4 units (Guadalupe – Capitol – Carbon)
- 06C – 5 units (Guadalupe – B. Rodriguez – Carbon)
- 04D – 5 units (Lahug (Plaza Housing) – Magallanes – Carbon)
- 04C – 3 units (Lahug – Gen. Maxilom – Ramos – Carbon)
- 04L – 2 units (Lahug (JY Square) – SM via Ayala)
More jeepney units will be inspected and allowed to operate in the next days.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.