Planning for a sojourn down south of Cebu to experience world-class diving in the town of Moalboal? We’ve got a travel tip for you. As much as you can, book your accommodations in resorts or hotels located near or at Basdaku beach.
This beach serves as the start-off point for most tourist activities in the said town, so having your rented room near or at Basdaku Beach makes everything convenient and accessible.
HK Beach Resort is at the center of all the action in Moalboal. Its location, right in front of the white sand beach of Basdaku, is one of its greatest features. It gives you easy access to most tour providers and start-off points for most tours. It’s also located quite near (6 km) from the highway and the town’s market.
The resort has a hotel with 43 rooms. Each room has wireless internet access, cable TV, balcony, and shower. Other amenities in the resort include the following:
- Snack bar/deli
- Function room
- Spacious parking area
- Open cottages
- Beach cabanas
- 24/7 security guard
For your meals, their restaurant also specializes in Filipino cuisine, and also serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But you can also opt to try out restaurants along the stretch of Basdaku beach.
RATES & OTHER INFORMATION
- Entrance fee: P10 per person
- Cottage: P1,000 (good for 10 persons)
- Table and chairs: P500 (good for 8 persons)
- Container Van Room: P1,500 (2 persons)
- Standard Double Room: P2,500 (2 persons)
- Deluxe Quadruple Room: P3,500 (4 persons)
- Native Family Room: P4,000 (5 persons)
- Family Room 1:P4,500 (6 persons)
- Family Room 2: P6,000 (8 persons)
- Family Room 3: P7,000 (10 persons)
- ID and cash deposit required at check in.
- Check in time: 2PM
- Check out time: 12 NN
- Additional person: P500 per head per night
- Contact numbers: 0906-410-3367/ 0999-888-9443 / (032) 511-2499
- E-mail address: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.hkbeachresort.com
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hkbeachresort
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact location: Basdaku Saavedra, Moalboal, Southern Cebu — approx. 3 hours away from Cebu City.
By bus: Ride a bus bound for Moalboal via Barili or Badian at Cebu City’s South Bus Terminal. Fare is around P120 and takes around 2.5-3 hours. Once you get off at Moalboal, you can ride a tricycle to Basdaku Beach.
By private car: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and set your destination to “HK Beach Resort” in Moalboal.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.