Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia has recently issued Executive Order No. 20 on July 9, 2020 specifying guidelines for the movement of people and opening of businesses in the Cebu Province under the new modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) status.
With the mandatory public health safety standards still in placed, here is a summary of the guidelines.
Excluded in this new classification are Talisay City, Minglanilla and Consolacion.
NOTE: Cebu Province is composed of cities and towns outside Cebu City, Mandaue City, and Lapu-Lapu City.
ALLOWED UNDER MGCQ
- Indoor and outdoor activities and exercises such as, but not limited to, walking, jogging, running, biking, golf, swimming, tennis, badminton, equestrian, Zumba, and skateboarding
- Gyms, fitness studios, sports facilities for non-contact sports
- Internet and computer shops, educational support establishments, libraries, archives, and museums (allowed at 50 percent capacity)
- Pet grooming services, travel agencies, tour operators, and other personal care services
- Backriding in motorcycles
- Cross border swimming with no time limit
- Dine-in restaurants, fast food chains, and carenderias (50 percent capacity in open areas, well-ventilated, and installed with an air purification system if airconditioned)
- Public land transportation and public marine transportation (reduced capacity)
- Public air transportation operates within the MGCQ zone
- Religious gatherings (limited to 50 percent capacity)
- Mass gatherings in LGUs only after securing permit from the mayor
- Regular operating hours of banks and other financial institutions
- Work in government offices may be fully operational at the discretion of the local chief executive (LCE).
- Cargos and delivery of essential goods in the Province of Cebu
Note: All businesses operating within the Province of Cebu shall adopt a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and a Health Regimen Plan (HRP) to be submitted to the LGUs having jurisdiction over the workplace
- Persons who are immunocompromised and other health risks are not allowed to go out
- Movement for leisure purposes
- Buffet or self-service food establishments are not allowed under MGCQ
- All forms of gambling, including cockfighting, shall be prohibited within the Province of Cebu.
- Fiesta celebrations and all other related community activities during fiesta
- Basketball, volleyball and other high contact sports
- Physical school classes continues to be suspended.
MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE
- Curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for non-workers and non-exempt persons
- All persons shall be allowed to go out of their residence only to access essential goods and services and to work in the offices or industries permitted to operate and to do the activities permitted
- Restriction of entry into the Province of Cebu from Cebu City as defined under Section 8 of the said EO.
- Non-essential workers are not allowed entry into the territorial jurisdiction of the Province of Cebu as defined by the borders of the City of Mandaue in the north, City of Talisay in the south, Balamban town in the west, and Cordova in the Island of Mactan.
Here’s the new Executive Order for MGCQ classification:
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.