Cebu keeps on providing more and more ways of escaping the city life. For those who seek a nature escapade, and who likes to meditate and find peace within themselves, connect with nature once more at EVO Nature Camp, a 4.5 hectare adventure camp found in the refreshing lands of the municipality of Balamban. Entrance fee is only 55 Pesos!
With around 40,000 bright and vibrant colors of the flower plants and 2,509 pine trees, giant ferns, and mountains of green, you can also take amazing pictures for your Instagram feed and enjoy nature at its finest.
Chill and Unplug
Indeed, EVO Nature Camp is like pulling out the plug of your phone; it is 32 kilometers away from the city. A distance away from the noisy horns of the cars and the bright lights of the screens.
Experience serenity with the vastness of green surrounding you. The view is breathtaking enough that you can just sit back and relax and gaze at the clouds rolling over the hills as you feel the cold wind blows.
You can even have an astonishing view of the sunset and catch a view of kanlaon volcano if the clouds are clearer.
Hike to “Ground Zero”
Hike to the very center of the whole island of Cebu, dubbed as “Ground Zero” in Balamban.
The camp have established a curated natural trail for hikers to showcase its beauty along with some waterfalls, caves, rock formations, gardens, and farms.
A first in Balamban, EVO Nature Camp is proud to offer a “Glamorous Camping (Glamping)” experience in town. This was launched on September 2020.
Glamping is still a form of camping but it involves accommodation and facilities more luxurious than those associated with traditional camping. At EVO Nature Camp, the Glamping tents offer hotel-like features and amenities. It’s truly a must-try!
Quaint and Tasty Grill house
EVO Nature Camp also has a grill house that offers barbeque and other grilled treats, as well as refreshing beverages and snacks.
You should definitely try their local-made snacks like bibingka and budbud are so delicious you would want to make a meal out of it. You can totally binge eat them and pair it with their refreshing shakes like guyabano which is abunant in Balamban.
If you ever feel hungry after the long hike, you can stuff yourself up and get energized again right away.
- Pork BBQ
- Cucumber shake, Guyabano shake, Mango shake
The place aims to become a tourist spot perfect for camping for everyone of all ages, whether it be with your friends, family, or fellow camp enthusiasts. If you want to come here, you can also plan with them by contacting the camp first.
Rates & Other Information
- Entrance fee: ₱75 per head (with Environmental Fee); FREE for kids 5 years old and below
- Includes free use of Board Games: sungka, chessboard, jenga, snake and ladder, etc.
- Use of Gazebo: ₱100 per hour (includes use of hammocks)
- Own tent: ₱300 per head
- Tent rental: ₱300 (for 2 pax); ₱500 (for 4pax); ₱700 (for 6pax) — rental comes with inflatable beds
- Note: Bring your own beddings
- Corkage fee applies for food brought
- Trekking: ₱2,500 (for 1-5 pax); ₱500/excess
Glamping tents are fully air-conditioned and furnished like hotel rooms.
GLAMPING DELUXE W/ AIRCON:
- Weekdays: PHP 4,000 per night
- Weekends: PHP 5,000 per night
- Good for 4 persons w/ FREE BREAKFAST & guest toiletries.
- Weekdays: PHP 2,500 per night
- Weekends: PHP 3,000 per night
- Good for 4 persons. No free breakfast. With toiletries.
Day use rate is 50% off
- P300 per head (Camping Fee)
For those without tents, tents w/ mattresses are available for rent as follows:
- 300 (good for 2)
- 500 (good for 4)
- 700 (good for 6)
- No beddings. Please bring your own
- PHP 2,500 (good for 1-5 pax)
- P500 for every excess pax
- With guide & Safety Equipment
- Opening hours: 7AM to 8PM daily for day use
- Contact numbers: 0910 818 3651/ 09954283762/ 09164440633
- Email address: [email protected]
- Social: Facebook Page
How to get there?
Exact location: Brgy. Gaas, Balamban, Cebu – few meters before Adventure Cafe; approx. 1 hour drive away from JY Square Mall or Marco Polo via the scenic Transcentral Highway.
BY VAN: From the Ayala Center Terminal, take a v-hire going to Balamban via Transcentral highway route. Fare is ₱120 per person (one-way). Inform the driver to drop you off at EVO Nature Camp in Brgy. Gaas.
BY CAR: Parking space available. Just search for “EVO Nature Camp” in Gaas Balamban via Waze or Google Maps.
RENT A CAR / TOUR: Avail an Uphill Cebu Package Tour (9 Destinations in 1 Day) for only P999 at SquadPH Tours and Travels.
☞ Up to 50% OFF on nearby hotels in Cebu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without Sugbo.ph's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.